suggestions for belize excursions

stkdog

i have 2 girls age 10 & 7 so nothing too rough

Cave tubing is fun...not sure about the minimum age. Check on the CCL website for excursions. This is one of those FEW places that I would NOT do something on my own, it is a little seedy in some areas and a lot of seedy people.

Are they adventurous? If so, I would suggest cave tubing using a private vendor (they take better care of the kids than cruise line excursions do.) My 8 year old niece went with us and loved it.

i have 2 girls age 10 & 7 so nothing too rough

My suggestion is definitely do an excursion in Belize. We did not do an excursion in this port and thought it was the worst port we'd ever been to. We were told afterward, that had we gotten away from the vendors and into the actual town, we probably would've been a lot happier with this port. I do not have any actual excursion suggestions for you, but wanted to tell you that if you don't do an excursion here, you won't like the port at all.

I would recommend a ship's excursion - I believe there is a zoo in Belize which might be interesting? Or the River Wallace/Altun Ha excursion? I agree that you should do some research on the Belize port of call board for more ideas!

We did the Cave Tubing with the Dot Com guys. Had several kids with us and they seemed to really enjoy themselves. I've got a grandson who's 7 and would not hesitate to take him.

There was about a 45 minute hike thru the rain forest before getting in the tubes, but the guys take great care of you and will help where ever needed.

As to the country and it's people, the worst thing I saw was the condition of the animals. PETA would have a field day there. But all the people we encountered were very nice and non-threatening. They just live in extreme poverty by American standards.

I would recommend a ship's excursion - I believe there is a zoo in Belize which might be interesting? Or the River Wallace/Altun Ha excursion? I agree that you should do some research on the Belize port of call board for more ideas!

I would not recommend the Altun Ha Ruin/River Wallace excursion. We opted for this one on our recent Liberty cruise. We wanted to see some Mayan ruins and it was advertised as 5 1/2 hours long vs. the longer 7 hour excursion to the better Mayan ruins. We didn't want to be gone that long, so we chose it. Well it was much longer than advertised. We tendered off the Liberty at 9am and got back to the Liberty at 5:15pm. Not counting the tenders, the excursion itself was well over 7 hours. The other excursion was shorter than ours and they (as well as every other excursion) beat us back to the ship. The ship was held up for this Carnival excursion to return.

Was this an anomaly? From what I heard from the previous western itinerary on the Liberty - no. One CC member stated the same thing. Furthermore, we got to spend very little time at the ruins and most of the excursion was travel time. If I could do Belize all over again, I would just choose a snorkling excursion - one that picks you up and returns to the ship without ever going into Belize City.

Archived