Luggage Tag Question

rs12065

I did the online check-in today. For luggage tags there was an image of a tag and a note that "they are not real luggage tags. Please use official tags for your bags". My question is this....where do I find and print the "Real Luggage Tags"?

Thanks

I did the online check-in today. For luggage tags there was an image of a tag and a note that "they are not real luggage tags. Please use official tags for your bags". My question is this....where do I find and print the "Real Luggage Tags"?

Thanks

Your luggage tag link will become available when your e-docs have been issued. Keep checking your Cruise Documentation Page as that is where you will be notified.

i also assumed i could print them and was wrong. i booked only 14 days in advance; and then i failed to do the edocs thing until something like 5 days out (still thinking i could print the tags because that's what i did on NCL) but i requested the tags be sent anyway (which is what you have to do--actually ASK for them)...and don't you know they arrived the day before my flight left (which was three days before sailing) i was relieved!

how long to they take to come back i ordered mine about 3 weeks ago and still not recieved them

thanks carolynne

We ordered ours about 3 weeks ago and yet to receive them. I re-ordered them yesterday and have them going to my office. Guess I'll have to call if we don't get them soon.

I wouldn't worry about it. If they don't come in time just have the porter tag them at the pier. They have tags available for that very reason.

I have ordered luggage tags online (twice) and picked them up at the airport (FLL) once. The meet and greet folks at the airport weren't anxious to share their pens so we could write our information on the tags. If you are getting them there you might want to be sure you have a permanent marker with you. However, the tags that came in the mail didn't adhere well. They had to be reinforced with clear plastic packing tape. Otherwise, if you gave them a tug, they came right off our luggage handles.

So eDocs are different then a Set Sail pass, which I have already printed?

Your eDocs are the documents that has the details of your cruise (itinerary, dinner time, etc.). You really do not need to print this document, unless you want to have a hard copy. Your Set Sail Pass is what you need to present at the pier, along with your photo i.d. and credit card, in order to board the ship.

The luggage tags they send you are used to know which cabin to deliver your suitcases to. They are folded around the handle and self stick to each end of the tag. I got mine in less than 2 weeks ( we live in Florida). As someone has stated , if you don't get them, you can have the porter print some up. You still will need regular luggage tags with name and address on them should your bags get loss. I also put my name and address on the inside of the suit case should tags fall off.

As for the e-docs, if you cruised in the past you use to get a book with info about the cruise such as your itinerrary, what documentation you will need to board the ship, ship phone number should your family need to contact you in case of an emergency, etc. Now you download the book and see the info. You can print it out if you like but it is not needed to board the ship. You can order one for a fee.

Your eDocs are the documents that has the details of your cruise (itinerary, dinner time, etc.). You really do not need to print this document, unless you want to have a hard copy. Your Set Sail Pass is what you need to present at the pier, along with your photo i.d. and credit card, in order to board the ship.

The only time you would need to print off anything from your e-docs is if you were doing a pre/post cruise hotel package through RCI and there were hotel vouchers included.

• 2 weeks later...

We are going on Freedom on 1st April and are trying to find out where we can find the option to order luggage tags. We have our Setsail Pass documents. We have no further docs yet. Do we have to check in on line before we can order luggage tags?

There was talk on a previous post that RC was quitting the luggage tag mailout program...We sail Mar 11 , and I ordered mine 45 days before the cruise, ordered 1 set, received 3. Now if I go to my documents, it states that as there were too many requested, they are no longer available, but under general info on RC website, it still describes the program, and how it works,so not sure what gives.

I have ordered luggage tags online (twice) and picked them up at the airport (FLL) once. The meet and greet folks at the airport weren't anxious to share their pens so we could write our information on the tags. If you are getting them there you might want to be sure you have a permanent marker with you. However, the tags that came in the mail didn't adhere well. They had to be reinforced with clear plastic packing tape. Otherwise, if you gave them a tug, they came right off our luggage handles.

I was wondering about the tags. Received ours by mail. The instructions are very confusing - states "do not remove" the majority of the peel off backing, only about 3-1/2" where indicated at one end of the strip. I did not think that would be sufficient to stay secure with much handling. So it's okay to cover/reinforce with clear packing tape as long as the porters can see the deck/room/section information (and the name and bar code info if lost)? :confused: if you couldn't tell, this is my first cruise :)

Guest maddycat
I was wondering about the tags. Received ours by mail. The instructions are very confusing - states "do not remove" the majority of the peel off backing, only about 3-1/2" where indicated at one end of the strip. I did not think that would be sufficient to stay secure with much handling. So it's okay to cover/reinforce with clear packing tape as long as the porters can see the deck/room/section information (and the name and bar code info if lost)? :confused: if you couldn't tell, this is my first cruise :)

Follow the directions on the back of the luggage tags. That 3 1/2" area adheres to the other end of the tag very securely. We have never had a problem with tags falling off.

Archived