Webcam Assistance please - Oasis/FLL

ebhs79

DS and I will be embarking on our first cruise in April - the Oasis, out of Fort Lauderdale. Since DH will NOT be joining us, and since internet is SO darn expensive, I'd like to connect with him any way possible, and try to share our experience with him. I know that there is at least one, maybe several webcams that show the Oasis before she sails away. Would one of you experts be able to post link(s) to those cameras so I can save them for DH on the computer? Also - are there actually any webcams that post from inside the ship, during the cruise? Is there somewhere we could stand and wave or hold up a sign for DH to see?

Thank you!

DS and I will be embarking on our first cruise in April - the Oasis, out of Fort Lauderdale. Since DH will NOT be joining us, and since internet is SO darn expensive, I'd like to connect with him any way possible, and try to share our experience with him. I know that there is at least one, maybe several webcams that show the Oasis before she sails away. Would one of you experts be able to post link(s) to those cameras so I can save them for DH on the computer? Also - are there actually any webcams that post from inside the ship, during the cruise? Is there somewhere we could stand and wave or hold up a sign for DH to see?

Thank you!

http://portevergladeswebcam.com/

http://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com/

Someone else will probably have information about webcams on the ship.

The port webcams get really addicting.

Thank you!

We are on the Oasis in April as well and have been watching the port cam every weekend. If you are looking to get on camera as you are leaving port...the port (left) side of the ship faces the port cam and I have noticed that the aft balconies get a lot of camera time. If you have a sign or are wearing something that stands out, this also attracts the camera's attention.

Thank you! All information appreciated!

Also if you go on the portevergladeswebcam.com site you can request a "Wave" which means if they can see you, then they will zoom in close - Now this will work better if (as a previous poster has said) you have a big enough sign that stands out with lots of colour, or if you wear bright, bright clothes plus (as was in my case) you do a really stupid dance as you sail out waving a flag !!! All this will help the great webcam guys to see you, oh of course and you need to be on the Port side of the ship !!!

Hope this helps - enjoy your cruise !

We did this for our kids...its really fun!

Here is our photo, that my daughter took as a screen shot.

140694184.jpg

My suggestions...

1) look over the various cams available ahead of time and get an idea of about what time you think you would be in that area.

2) check what "landmarks" you can see so you can locate where the cam is in the area and you can find it to wave at it. For instance in our photo you can see that the cam is facing the kiosk, so we knew to stand at the kiosk, and then we noticed the cam stuck to the underside of a boardwalk balcony.

3) make a little schedule of which cam you will be in front of at what time on what day. Leave this home with DH

4) when you arrive at the appointed time, on the appointed day, you will need to stand there for at least a few minutes (like actual minutes) because the cams only upload about once a minute and so you could wave at a time when the cam is not live and your DH wont see you! We stood about 10 minutes and the kids got about 4-5 images of us at home.

For fun you can hold up a sign, but we didn't do this (no room in my purse;))

Have fun!!!!:D

Archived