Small Fan?

bratgrr1

I have searched and searched this forum and apparently the word "fan" is not to be found. Therefore I would like to ask if a small tabletop fan (smaller than 12") is allowed to be brought on board? I have to have a fan to sleep. Anyone know the answer to this?

I have searched and searched this forum and apparently the word "fan" is not to be found. Therefore I would like to ask if a small tabletop fan (smaller than 12") is allowed to be brought on board? I have to have a fan to sleep. Anyone know the answer to this?

I got off the Splendor last week and a woman at my dinner table had her small battery operated fan confiscated and not returned to her till the end of the cruise.

So I'm guessing its one of those items on the Carnival prohibited list........or if not, at least some Carnival personnel are taking the position that it is prohibited.

Em

I always carry a tabletop fan with me. I also need one to sleep, not to mention I would be very unhappy if I happen to end up with one of the "warm" cabins. I put my in a garbage bag and put it in my checked luggage. I have clothes on all sides of it and have never had a problem.

We have always brought two of the small battery operated fans and no problem. They are about 6 inches in diameter and kick out some good air.

We put fresh batteries in them and using all night they lasted all seven days.

Fans are not on the prohibited list but they must be in good working electrical order. We didn't take the chance with the electric ones.

i have taken 2 different ones 1 was a little wire one that sits on the counter:) the other one was a white plastic that clips on the counter... that works best cause we clip it to the top of the cabinet and it circulates it better. I pack it it in the check luggage and put it together later.:p

I bought a battery/electric fan on Amazon and took it on the last cruise. No problem. I kept the electric cord in my carry on and put the fan with batteries in the checked luggage. Had no issues. I also took a power bar with a ten foot cord for my CPAP machine. They did not ask any questions.

On our first cruise we took a clip on fan (that was electric, thus taking an extension cord and a power strip) this fan was in a bag that was delivered to our room, on our second cruise (both cruises on the Dream) we took a small box type fan (approximately 12 inches by 12 inches - also with extension cord and power strip) and this fan was in our carry on (since that is all we did for that trip), and haven't had any problem with any of the items ... we will again be taking a small fan, extension cord and power strip on our cruise on the Freedom.

We have always brought a small new electric fan with us. I keep it new and in the box and packed in my checked luggage.' date=' Have never had a problem.

And hopefully never will![/quote']

Ditto

Our fan is an 9 inch electric box fan. We keep it in the box and pack it with our checked luggage.

I have one like this http://www.amazon.com/Indoor-Outdoor-Battery-AC-Powered-Personal/dp/B003GOBQQE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1328840060&sr=8-4

that I have taken on many cruises. I always have in my carry when I embark and only had a problem in Port Canaveral. They let me take it on but had to go through 3 supervisors. I always make a copy of the Carnival policy and have it with me.

I got off the Splendor last week and a woman at my dinner table had her small battery operated fan confiscated and not returned to her till the end of the cruise.

So I'm guessing its one of those items on the Carnival prohibited list........or if not, at least some Carnival personnel are taking the position that it is prohibited.

Em

After reading through this thread I wondered why the lady had her fan taken and so many others had no problem. It appears that it is up to Carnival's discretion so perhaps it was just a Long Beach thing.

" Electrical devices such as fans, power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords will be removed if determined to pose a hazard and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark. " http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx?faq=luggage#q-545373

Archived