Can you book aerial tram tour online?

swelch

I am sorry if I am repeating this question, but I think it warrants its own thread. I tried to book tickets for the aerial tram on the website and it says something to the effect that cruise ship passengers must book through their ship. Not worded exactly like that, though. How in the world would they know if I was on a ship or not? Are there stories of people being turned away? This seems like a ludicrous rule, to me. I was hoping to incorporate the aerial tram with some sights of St. Lucia with a private tour! Boo!! And since I am at it, do you think the rainforest tour via aerial tram (no ziplining) is a good way to spend the entire day in St. Lucia? Or is the private tour better, and why? Thanks!

I have been informed that the aerial tram tours do indeed need to be booked through the ship. Weird, though, that it only mentions Carnival. My frustration is the tour through the ship is only 3-4 hours and I don't want to have to book another tour to get a real "flavor" of St. Lucia since the ship's tours generally have "no heart," IMO. There are exceptions of course! So we have decided not to do the tram after all. We will save it for when we return to St. Lucia on a land tour. Maybe we'll just go into Castries.

posted to you on TA also, but here it is again....

You do have another option if ziplining is what you want to do on the island - you can go to the TreeTops Adventure park in Dennery - they have ziplining, mountain biking, waterfall hike, challenge course and all deep in the rainforest also. They do have a contract with Princess, I think, but all other lines can book independent - there's lots about this company on CruiseCritic and info from other cruisers who have booked, etc. They may be worth looking at instead.

Also - there is ziplining at Morne Coubaril Estate in Soufriere with amazing views of the Pitons, plantation tour and lunch, right near the volcano - they don't have contracts with any company - you can book and tour on your own or through one of the independent tour companies. Not as many lines as the other 2 areas - but amazing views of the iconic Pitons - the must see area of St. Lucia.

Archived