Opinions Please on 2 Miami Hotels

Family Vacationing

ES is close to MIA, free airport shuttle, and a great hotel if you are arriving late and just want to enjoy the free happy hour :D, grab some dinner in the hotel, and get some sleep - no shopping or dining options close by except for a gas station-mart. Some ES packages include free POM shuttles, otherwise it is about $10 per person or you can cab it for under $30 (including tip).

I have not stayed at your downtown option, but there are many more shopping and dining options in that area if you are arriving earlier in the day and want to explore. Taxi from MIA to the hotel will cost about $25+ and another $10-12+tip cab will get you to POM the next day.

Good luck! :)

We just stayed at the HI Brickell and it was so great. I switched it from the Airport at the last minute and am so glad I did. We arrived at 8:00pm and caught a quick cab to the hotel. There are TONS of restaurants, shopping, and the shuttle to the port is $8. There are two Publix stores within walking distance. It is also steps from the free Metromover, which will take you all over downtown. We used it to get to a bus station and took a bus to SoBe for $2.

It opened in November 2011 and everything is new and spacious. The pool and adjoining bar are wonderful too. Highly recommend.

Archived