Trikes vs. Dune Buggies

TV Dad

• 4 weeks later...

We did the trikes last month and loved our day in Aruba. You can read my review on trip advisor here: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g488162-d2097565-r125203101-Trikes_Aruba-Noord_Aruba.html#REVIEWS

We did a dune buggy excursion in Roatan, and you can read my review on trip advisor here: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g303872-d2009140-r125205944-Roatan_Cruise_Excursions-Coxen_Hole_Roatan_Bay_Islands.html#CHECK_RATES_CONT

I know the dune buggy wasn't in Aruba, but having done them a week apart, it was so much more fun riding the trike around Aruba and seeing the island this way. I think you should go for the Trikes!

Question for those of you that have taken the Trike tour - is it hard to drive - do you shift a lot - is it like driving a motorcycle - I havent driven a motorcycle in over 20 years and DH has never driven one but has driven some standards vehicles long ago

DH drove the trike. He said it was a 4 speed, and at first he had a little trouble. It was more the fact he had to shift with his left hand, and that was abnormal, as normally, you shift with your right hand. He said, "no, they are not hard to drive" Just took a little getting used to. If you are thinking of booking this tour, I would definitely do it! If you are afraid you won't be able to drive the bike, if you can drive stick, you should not have any major problems! This is a great way to really "see" Aruba!

Thanks for the information - Both DH and I think it would be cool and a lot better than sitting on a crowded bus

DH drove the trike. He said it was a 4 speed, and at first he had a little trouble. It was more the fact he had to shift with his left hand, and that was abnormal, as normally, you shift with your right hand. He said, "no, they are not hard to drive" Just took a little getting used to. If you are thinking of booking this tour, I would definitely do it! If you are afraid you won't be able to drive the bike, if you can drive stick, you should not have any major problems! This is a great way to really "see" Aruba!

Thanks for the information, they responded to my email right away and we are booked for March 8 2013 on the first half of our B2B - what a way to celebrate my 60th BD - can hardly wait

Thanks for the information - Both DH and I think it would be cool and a lot better than sitting on a crowded bus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wondering what to wear, if u stop at a beach to swim do u wear bathing suits under clothes or is there someplace to change. Is there room to store a beach bag or should we travel light? Would appreciate any feed back. Thank you ahead of time, Lise

You do not stop to swim on the trike tour. It is a wonderful excursion - check out their website on Facebook or just google them. They are great guides for this Island tour. Be sure to wear sun protection, unlike touring in a car or a bus, you are under the clear blue sun filled sky for the 3 plus hours, sunglasses and a visor or cap that won't fly off. And take your camera!

You do not stop to swim on the trike tour. It is a wonderful excursion - check out their website on Facebook or just google them. They are great guides for this Island tour. Be sure to wear sun protection, unlike touring in a car or a bus, you are under the clear blue sun filled sky for the 3 plus hours, sunglasses and a visor or cap that won't fly off. And take your camera!

Thank you for the quick response, we will be using them in 2 wks, can't wait

You will love it. When we got home I looked up the Aruba map and I think we covered a good 3/4 of the Island. They take a lot of pictures and post them on facebook - generally the same day. As the passenger, it was a very relaxing excursion - my husband thought it was the best excursion we've ever done.

If you do get too much sun - there is an Aruba Aloe stand in the shopping area within the big pink building (don't know the name of it but you can see it from the ship and it is near Iguana Joe's). It is a very soothing aloe - not sticky like the green kind we get at home. I am going to order some on line, I liked it so much. And I didn't peel, and my arms were RED!

You asked what to wear. Here is a picture of us on the trike from Feb/11. I had on my swimsuit, with a tank top and skirt over. At our first stop, the lighthouse, the tank top came off! It was a gorgeous sunny (couple clouds) day. Definitely take suntan lotion, and when you stop at the little restaurant area for snacks/drink, (they have restrooms here too) be sure to apply more. Don't forget to get up close to your hairline on your forehead. Remember the wind will be blowing your hair back all day long, and the sun is very strong, and usually your hat or hair will protect this area.

The pictures are DH and I on the trike

The other bikes behind us

me in the little restaurant/bar

the little marina outside the restaurant/bar

driving the countryside in Aruba-Yep, those are cactus on a Caribbean Island!

This has been one of our very best excursions we have taken.

You will have a FABULOUS DAY!

1521749302_Jan.Feb2012cruise542.jpg.af1935e808304c98df2aacab1e38f2cb.jpg

1600565549_Jan.Feb2012cruise520.jpg.bdedb0a0d270f2bcf62cae4a9c96e633.jpg

704235637_Jan.Feb2012cruise538.jpg.cf21a6b9875f38bd2c557efe64bc31c5.jpg

61332696_Jan.Feb2012cruise536.jpg.e99934d241d006827ea2a70807163cc0.jpg

1986266221_Jan.Feb2012cruise512.jpg.ae42fe0638a1f6cbbebb36b56e0af6ef.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The trikes sound like a blast but we in Aruba from 7:00am to 12:30pm. I read somewhere else that the first group goes out at 9. Do thay start earlier? We are the only ship in port that day.

We just returned today from our cruise on the Freedom in the southern Carribean. Had a great time and our favorite port was Aruba. We spent the day touring Aruba with Michangelo as our guide on Trikes. My son and husband were in heaven. We looked so cool riding these awesome machines and Michangelo showed us his beautiful homeland. If you want a great time in Aruba do the trikes tour. We saw several groups getting off of tour buses and they were taking pictures of us on our trikes and asking how we found out about this tour. My 5 and 7 year olds also loved riding the trikes and in the dune buggy with Michangelo. Thanks guys for a wonderful day!!!

• 2 weeks later...

We are in Aruba on a land vacation in Nov. and booked the Trikes for an afternoon trip. I am hoping we stop at Zeerovers for some right off the boat seafood and Balashi beer. Yum!

The trikes sound like a blast and on our last trip to Aruba we didn't explore the North and south parts of Aruba. So that is our mission this time. But between Orajenstad, low rise area and the High rise area there was just way too much to see and do in Aruba.

Fun! Fun! Fun! 'til my daddy takes my T-Bird away.

My DH and I love the idea of the trikes but neither of can drive a stick shift. Is it something we can pick up fairly easily and go? I don't want to frustrate everyone else on the trip but it sounds like an awesome way to see Aruba.

Any feedback on dune buggies?

O. M. G!!! Again -- Cruise Critic comes through!

I am totally, unreasonably, excited about this --- just read TA reviews, the terms and conditions from the Trike site (looks like mostly a reservation - have cancellation until 24 hours before) and BOOKED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like someone above said -- Fun, fun, fun til her daddy takes the T-bird away!

• 2 months later...

Archived