Board games

Jrlady

We have booked a suite on the Eclipse. In the brochure from the travel agent, it indicates that we can request "board games" to be delivered to our room.

Does anyone what types of games are available?

Can they be brought out of the room in order to play in another part of the ship?

Thanks!

We have booked a suite on the Eclipse. In the brochure from the travel agent, it indicates that we can request "board games" to be delivered to our room.

Does anyone what types of games are available?

Can they be brought out of the room in order to play in another part of the ship?

Thanks!

I've never heard of board games being brought to your cabin upon requesst. We always go to the library and check them out. And, yes, you can take to other parts of the ship.

The brouchere that I am looking at is the big (over 100 pages) Celebrity 2012/2013 Cruises.

Based on your response, I'm assuming that the suite butler may reserve the game from the Library.

Any perspective on what types of games are available?

My family and I love to play games and I can really see us taking advantage of this.

The brouchere that I am looking at is the big (over 100 pages) Celebrity 2012/2013 Cruises.

Based on your response, I'm assuming that the suite butler may reserve the game from the Library.

Any perspective on what types of games are available?

My family and I love to play games and I can really see us taking advantage of this.

I bet that is it -- having the butler bring you some games. I have found the selection on Celebrity not that great -- chess, checkers, dominoes, cards. On Princess, there was Trivial Pursuit, Scrabble, Monopoly etc. All the games were new and had not even been opened. There may have been Scrabble on the Summit last April but honestly I cannot remember. NCL also has a great selection of games including age-appropriate one for children.

I second the idea to bring your own bought from goodwill. There should be and I stress should, games in the card room which the butler could retrieve for you. I would recommend just going down yourself. Probably save a lot of time rather than having to ask what games do you have? I'll check. Twenty minutes latter. This one that one. Ok well those are all terrible but I guess we will try that one. Ok I'll be right back. Twenty minutes later. Here you are. Oh shoot it's time for dinner.

For what it's worth last time on solstice they had stratego, rummy cube, checkers, chess, backgammon, cards, and what used to be mousetrap! Weird that they even had that? Also these we in the card room not the library. But now on some S class ships it called the hideaway So not sure if they relocated to the library maybe someone here can confirm?

Thank you all for your responses.

We do have a some games that we will bring as they will not take up a lot of room in the suitcase. If there is something specific that we want to play we will bring it.

The reason that I orginally posted this thread was because the "delivery of requested board games to your room" is listed as one of the benefits of booking a suite. Given the responses to this query, it is really surprising that Celebrity doesn't ensure that there are games (with all the pieces) available. :confused: Why highlight this as a benefit of booking a suite???

So the reality is that whether or not there are games certainly will not make or break this cruise for my family. We are looking forward to quality time that we will be able to spend together....my daughter is 20 and son is 18....who knows what the future will bring and I am really thankful that we will have this time together.

If you play Mahjong you might want to take a set of your own. As with other games on a ship, pieces can be missing.

On the Infinity in January, there were 4 Mahjong sets that you could check out for "as long as you want" :confused: at Guest Relations. There were none available after the first day. This policy of keeping games as long as you want is unacceptable.

The other more serious problem is that "all 4 sets were Chinese Mahjong". :mad: There were no "American Mahjong" sets (which are very different than Chinese Mahjong sets) on board!! Since there were many of us hoping to play American Mahjong, supplying only Chinese Mahjong sets was not good planning on the part of Celebrity.

Since Mahjong sets are very heavy, there is no way that we could fit a set in our luggage.

Celebrity needs to cater to American Mahjong players too.

Archived