Cavetubbing Tour - Cruise Line or Find a Tour at the Port

utshaq

My wife and I are going to Belize for the first time on a Cruise next week (RC). I really want to do the Cavetubbing Tour. I have found in the past that it is better to just find a tour at the Port than book the tour through the cruise line. That is because the tour is less crowded and even cheaper.

I have never been to Belize, so I do not know what the port is even like.

Would you recommend I just bite the bullet and book the tour through the cruise ship or should I just find a tour at the port. If so, are there many tour places available to do it? What tour would you recommend? What is the cost?

I would appreciate any help you can give me!

Thanks!

My wife and I are going to Belize for the first time on a Cruise next week (RC). I really want to do the Cavetubbing Tour. I have found in the past that it is better to just find a tour at the Port than book the tour through the cruise line. That is because the tour is less crowded and even cheaper.

Would you recommend I just bite the bullet and book the tour through the cruise ship or should I just find a tour at the port. If so, are there many tour places available to do it? What tour would you recommend? What is the cost?

Thanks!

Depending on how many ships are in port with you, smaller independent excursions book up quickly. I would book in advance.There are several recommended in these threads. Contact several (Coral Breeze, cavetubing dot biz, cavetubing dot com, Nacho& Cynthia, Major Tom all have good reps) but it may be too late to book or hear back depending on when you are leaving. Only certain operators are allowed inside the Tourist Villae where the tenders dock. They usually have bookings, but some may have openings. Outside the gates, you do take your chances on reputation and getting back to the pier on time.

We used cavetubing . bz, and had a fabulous time with them. Jenny and Vitalino Junior (son of the owner) were our guides. The van ride from port to the caves was about an hour, and Jenny told us about Belize the whole way there. We learned a lot. From the main park, we hiked about 1.5 miles or so through the forest and caves. This is not an activity I recommend if you are in poor health or have a leg injury, but truly it was not a bad hike at all. Totally worth it because the river is so clear, and the caves are amazing. After we were out of the water, we stopped off for a quick lunch prepared by Vitalinos wife at their little outdoor palapa. I would recommend cavetubing . BZ again in a heartbeat! The cavetubing . com guides were really rowdy, and there were a lot of people on one tour. Cost was $50 per person.

I booked about 2 or so months in advance. Great communication through email.

Definitely book ahead of time if this is something that you really want to do. You will want to make sure that they have a spot for you if it gets crowded. You usually don't pay ahead of time. You pay after the tour/tubing is over. So there's nothing to loose.

We used .bz and loved them.

• 2 weeks later...

We'll be in Belize on Crown Princess in April. Could someone tell me which excursion company Princess uses for their cave tubing excursion? I'm wondering what type of tubes to expect and whether we'll be clipped together or have to link via armpits :eek: Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

We were just in Belize on Valentine's Day and booked a cave tubing trip through Reggie Tours. We had a blast!! Dennis picked us up at the dock and we were the only ones that had booked with them, so we had a private tour. Dennis was great!! He was so much fun and taught us a lot about Belize. After tubing we meet his wife for lunch. We got so much more than others we talked to who booked through the ship. We were also one of the few that were not conected together. Most other groups were.

Thanks!

Book with VIV tours. You just have to email them to reserve. We just did their tour last week and they were Great - we had the best time of our cruise with them.

There are tour groups at the port selling their tours - I was more comfortable having a reservation and them waiting for us.

We only had to pay at the time of the excursion, no deposit.

They give a great tour during the van ride, along the trail & during the caves.

You won't be disappointed.

Archived