Who thinks Airline prices will go down, help?

Does anyone know when SouthWest will open up reservations past Sept 12??

Right now they have airfare from Houston to Orlando (which I need Oct 1)

for 79 one way..But nothing past Sept 12th...

Probably in less than a month they will extend the schedule. However I don't work in scheduling so I'm not certain. ;)

I hope you had better luck that Naren and I did while booking air for this past AOS cruise.

We cruised in April 05, but started looking for air around August 04. The prices NEVER went below $575 from any So Cali airport (LAX - SAN, and everyone inbetween)

We actually paid that for each ticket, but in the two months before the cruise, the prices were $600 each. I don't know why Puerto Rico is made of gold, but it sure is expensive to fly there.

Anyhow, I wish you luck. I would basically set up an idea (a range) of what you would like to pay. If the ticket falls into that range, then buy them. Also, on the same idea, set a range at which you won't want to spend anymore, and once ticket prices hit that, I don't think there's a great chance of them coming down. That's just MVHO.

:)

• 10 months later...
Just checked prices again after the increase a few weeks ago. Wow! should have booked then. Anyway to late for that. Does anyone think the prices will go down from where they are now? Should I wait? Cruising Dec 10th. Thanks.

Don't worry some one is always having a sale on airfare. Post yourself on "alert" e-mails and you'll get notices directly from airlines. This week, one airline dropped prices dramatically from PHL to MCO down to $69 one way!!

K

If I'm booking air during a holiday vacation, I try and book when the fares are released. Airfares become available 330 days in advance..this past Xmas/New Years my RT air from JFK-SJU was $180 pp. The following week the fare was $550 pp. Depends on the time of year you're flying..holiday weeks are hardly ever reduced.

I read in today's newspaper, JetBlue is going to be raising fares $15-$20pp., to make up for the money they are losing on high oil prices.

We fly Delta all the time, and one thing they do is cancel your ticket and rebook it at the cheaper price, it do cost $50. rebooking, but if you save alot it is worth it. I did this last November on a trip to Barcelona, so if you are booking ask them before you book, policies do change all the time, but I always ask before I book about the Cancellation policies

Archived