problem with drinks package

claridge

On our cruise last year, we had a drinks package each. but we had no end of problems getting our drink of choice.

I like to drink white rum and coke, but I do not like the soda from the fountin, but from a can/tin, but everytime I ordered a white rum and coke with a tin/can they would not serve me saying that, that was two drinks and not allowed in the rules of the package, we also had the same problem when in the cafe, we tried to order a coffee and brandy, when getting back on board after a late night ashore, being told it was two drinks and not allowed.

In the end we cashed in the package,s and just paid the normal way to get the drinks we like to drink .

We combined drinks with little trouble as long as they didn't add up to $12. I would enjoy an after dinner cappucino witha shot of di sorano and never had a problem. Forgive me, but I'm not sure my pallet could tell the difference between foutain and canned soda when mixed with

rum. Is it that big a deal?

We combined drinks with little trouble as long as they didn't add up to $12. I would enjoy an after dinner cappucino witha shot of di sorano and never had a problem. Forgive me, but I'm not sure my pallet could tell the difference between foutain and canned soda when mixed with

rum. Is it that big a deal?

It's not that you are combining drinks, it's that it's one drink, just with liquor added.

I am not sure why coffee with brandy wouldn't be allowed, unless you wanted them in separate glasses, in which case yes it would count as two drinks.

Your comments about fountain soda don't make sense to me. Diet colas are sugar free whether they are fountain or canned, although I concede that canned tastes better. But since they don't store cans at the bar, then yes, it would count as two drinks. If it bothers you that much, get the can of pop at one bar then move to another and get the rum. Not a big deal.

Your comments about fountain soda don't make sense to me. Diet colas are sugar free whether they are fountain or canned, although I concede that canned tastes better.

I agree with OP - fountain soda is a vastly inferior product - JMHO.

I would want the coke served from a glass bottle.

Why a rum and canned soda should be treated as 2 drinks is frankly pedantic - JMHO.

Annie

Archived