What are the chances

beckyjohns

of getting assigned early seating on Carnival? Just booked and the only thing left is late seating for us and our twins who are 5. Obviously, the kids won't be able to wait until 8:30 at night to eat dinner, and I don't really want to feed them early every night at the buffet. Is there a good chance we may be able to move to early seating? We're waitlisted, but I'm concerned.

of getting assigned early seating on Carnival? Just booked and the only thing left is late seating for us and our twins who are 5. Obviously, the kids won't be able to wait until 8:30 at night to eat dinner, and I don't really want to feed them early every night at the buffet. Is there a good chance we may be able to move to early seating? We're waitlisted, but I'm concerned.

I agree a very good chance. But...in the alternative..if it doesnt panout, here are my thoughts. While as a mom I understand the desire for family dinner...perhaps you could let them eat early a couple of nights with camp carnival...and mom and dad can enjoy adult time? If you have a sea day the next day, a late afternoon snack and a nap (you would be amazed what lots of play and a rocking ship can create) will probably hold them through for a late dinner with parents.

Apparently, I spoke too soon! I booked the cruise yesterday morning and the only available dining was late (no early, no anytime). PVP suggested waitlisting for early and staying "unassigned" for no, which we did. I got an e-mail this morning from Carnival saying that our early dining had been accomodated and confirmed!

Chances are pretty good they will move you. We have been assigned late dining a few times when we booked closer to sailing and each time our request has been granted. We have never had to eat late dining. If its still showing late when you get onboard go directly to see the maitre d and they will usually take care of it.

Archived