Whats your favorite ship + internary

vols_159

Ive been on the Sky for the bahamahs run and the sun 2x for the western carribeian.. Next cruise I wanna try something new New ports new ship.. Whats your favorite Ship+ interneray Leaving from the east cost.. ??

I would take the Eastern route, and even the Southern route, before the Western. The beaches are better to me.

We really loved the southern route. However I think sometimes what you do in the port will make or break that port.

One of our most memorable was Margaritta Isle in Venezuela our excursion was in an open air jeep, we had a driver, with 6 passangers we also had a cooler with beer and soda. When our cooler was empty our driver drove up along side of another jeep and we traded -- I guess they were not drinkers, we had an awesome time, we saw the countryside, visited a museum, when to several beaches and oh yes did I mention the video-ographer was with us too. It was great. My husband and I with our 2 college kids perfect.

I don't see the same ports offered as back a few years. We travel in Feb (Presidents Week), my husband and our daughter are teachers so that it the best time for us.

We have a cruise booked for Feb 2013 on NCL Star, we liked NCL and that was the best one that fit our time frame. My husband can no longer get away with taking the Friday before vacation off -- teacher rules. So a 7 day is all we can do now.

I really do prefer the 9 day cruise but last time we tried that my son was not with us because of bad weather in Texas, even though he was flying from Buffalo, NY, we flew from Albany, NY and almost did not make it. We had no plane from Atlanta to Miami and were on standby with 17 people in front of us. I phoned my travel agent and I don't know how it was done but we jumped to the front of the line and the 3 of us were on the plane.

My son never made the cruise. I had travel insurance -- but still had to fight for the refund and also get my travel agent involved. In the end everything worked out and we received a full refund for his portion of the entire trip.

Sorry I got a little off topic. Try something new -- a place you have never seen before and try and do something memorable at that port it makes for a better cruise.

Have fun what ever you choose.

We prefer a round trip cruise out of New York of 10 days or more on a Jewel-class ship (two large swimming pools) to the Caribbean in January. We did a great 10 day on the Gem this year and look forward to a 12 day on the Jewel next January. No flying for us.

Ive been on the Sky for the bahamahs run and the sun 2x for the western carribeian.. Next cruise I wanna try something new New ports new ship.. Whats your favorite Ship+ interneray Leaving from the east cost.. ??

NYC to Bermuda :D

Archived