Paris Hotel Recommendation

Diane Rose

We are cruising into Rouen and will spend one day/night in Paris before heading back to the US. I have researched several hotels. What would the best hotel (mid-range price) be that would be central to the major sights, Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Louvre, Notre Dame? We will be taking the Train in from Rouen and then take transportation to CDG. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Diane

We are cruising into Rouen and will spend one day/night in Paris before heading back to the US. I have researched several hotels. What would the best hotel (mid-range price) be that would be central to the major sights, Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Louvre, Notre Dame? We will be taking the Train in from Rouen and then take transportation to CDG. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Diane

Check this out...http://www.hotel-grandes-ecoles.com/

Our favorites in Paris are hotel des grands hommes and hotel du pantheon, right next door to each other and across the street from the Pantheon. Very close to the Sorbonne, on the left bank, 5 minutes walk to notre dame and the Seine, another few to Hotel de Ville, etc. Close to the metro/RER. We have stayed in both multiple times. The rates vary greatly depending on the season etc. The staff speak excellent English. Rooms are charming and tres Parisienne!!

We stayed at Hotel Nicolo, which is a small hotel a short walk from the Eiffel Tower yet in a quiet neighborhood. The room was nice, the price was reasonable (about 80 euros a night if I remember correctly), and the included breakfast was excellent.

• 1 month later...

We have stayed at the Duc de San Simon on the Left bank on many trips to Paris. Its a great location near the Eiffel Tower, Musee d' Orsay and Les Invalides. The hotel oozes charm and character.

I've been to Paris several times and loved the Hotel Mayfair in the 1st District. It's walking distance to all the major sites. There's a market about 2 blocks away, a bus stop only a block away and a hop on, hop off tour bus stop about a block away.

It's a small hotel, but ideally situated. The good part is that it is convenient to stop back by during your day to drop off purchases, change shoes or clothes, or rest a little bit.

I loved it! The cost was about $300/night. Expensive yes, but inexpensive for the location where nearby hotels were $400-750/night or more.

It's on a very small side street and there's not a cab driver in Paris that knew where it was. However, since it's one block past Rue Castriglione at Rue du Rivoli, behind the Hotel Murice those directions made it easier to find.

GREAT small hotel! I loved it!

Archived