Compact camera - Waterproof to 100+ ft?

Colorado Kat

I mostly snorkel, but do scuba-dive as well, and just know that if I get a camera waterproof to 33 ft, I will end up taking it lower, and flooding it.

I'm looking to get something waterproof for scuba-diving, but haven't been able to find any good suggestions, either here, or the Scuba forum.

Can anyone suggest a camera? Or point me to good thread discussing such?

(I still have my old Nikonos cameras, but they're film....Any one want to buy the old stuff? Lots of money invested in them.)

Thanks!

I recently purchased a Panasonic Lumix DMC TZ20, and then got a Panasonic DMW-MCTZ20 Underwater Marine Case for it. The camera is good for overall use (and includes GPS, which I wanted), and the case is good to 40M (130 ft). The camera was on sale at Costco for $200, and I got the case from Amazon for $250. I'm very happy with my purchase.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I wanted to avoid a case, but looks like that's the best way to go.

Luckily, I've never minded spending money on camera equipment. I bought my 2 Nikonoses and all the lights, cables, and other stuff before we had kinds - (DINK - Double income no kids). As well as all our scuba-gear. All that expensive stuff is now obsolete. Boo Hoo Hoo!

Archived