Jan. 23 or March 27th 2013

DGK

After reading all your advice we decided on the 10 night Tuamotu/Society P.G. cruise. Now if I can ask for more assistance please. We are available either Jan. 23rd sailing or March 27th 2013 and plan on a 3-5 day pre cruise stay. We understand the weather may be more rainy and humid in January and no one has a crystal ball to predict the calmer sea’s. If you had to decide which sailing dates would you pick and why? Any comments are very much appreciated, Donna

We returned last week and our trio from Australia started amidst cyclones. It was quite interesting. When we got to FP the weather was great but cloudy on one day. We will be doing the same cruise as you in 2013. While you never can predict the weather, bass upon what we just experienced, I would vote for March. It seems a little more likely that you will not encounter storms.

Please email me at flightmedic555@gmail.com if you would like some additional info.

It really is a crapshoot, so you're going to have to lay your karma on the line and choose. March will be hot and humid too. I expect both times of the year you could expect the odd storm and/or a daily downpour (which doesn't last very long.)

I've been in the Societies in December, and April, close to your choices. We had excellent weather both times, muggier in April actually, and hot, but fine on the water. Just don't expect to hike in the jungle without lots of water and stamina!

We have been mid Feb and the weather was fine. Last year May was very windy. As Wendy said its a crapshoot . Never any guarantees with the weather especially these days with El Nino/Nina.

We are also going Jan 23rd!

Archived