FANTASY or PRIDE?

ParksFamily5

My husband has some time off in March and we have decided to take a cruise. We can't decide on the Fantasy 6 night out of Charleston or the Pride 7 night out of Baltimore.

We live in Ohio and it would be a 7 hr drive to the Pride and a 10 hr drive to the Fantasy. I was wondering if it would be worth the extra drive to get to some warmer water. Price is really about the same considering the Pride is a day longer. The stops are about the same too. I am just wondering which ship everyone thinks is better. It will just be the 2 of us. Any input would be appreciated. thanks.

I have been on both the Pride in March 2010 and Fantasy 2011. I liked the Pride much better, It is a bigger ship with more entertainment venues. Also I like the Lido Buffet on the Pride, much more food to choose from. The center pool on the Pride has a roof cover so it was quite warm there.

I would rather start my vacation a day earlier even if it is a little cooler. By the time you reach Carolina the weather starts to warm. With the cost of gas you would be saving money by not driving to S Carolina. Check the travel time I think it took us 10 hrs to drive from Arberdeen Md to Charleston S Carolina.

We will be cruising on the Pride this March 4th and can’t wait. Whatever you choose you will have fun.

checked on Carnival site, Fantasy is now a 5 day cruise

We are from Canton, OH. Airfare is so high this year that we decided to drive to our next cruise. We decided on the Pride since it was 3 hours closer and one extra day than Charleston, SC. Rates at the time were lower for the Pride - we got an obstructed balcony for about the same price as an inside room on the Fantasy. I like the layout of the fantasy class ships, but the Pride looks like it will be nice too. If you decide on the Pride for March 25th, come visit our role call.

Always choose Spirit-class (Pride, in this case) if it's an option. That's my opinion.

Fantasy-class is fine, but Spirit-class is Carnival's nicest class of ships. They're uncrowded and beautiful. And in this case you get an extra day and a shorter drive. it's a no-brainer. :)

To the original poster, do you live in Northern Ohio? If so, and to those from Canton, both my cruises (on the Pride) have been through a tour bus company, Anderson Coach and Travel. They've got a cruise on the Pride coming up in Oct 14 this year.

I dont mean to hijack. Bob, can you tell me how to get more info on this tour?

I've been on the Pride 3x and in 11 days will go on the 6 day on the Fantasy for the 2x.

We love both ships but prefer the Pride if it is just me and my husband...she's a beautiful ship and we think the food is better. If my daughter is with us, it's the Fantasy...she loves the waterpark....:D.

Either way there are both great ships!

Have a great cruise!

We have been on both the Pride and Fantasy. The Pride was brand new and very nice. Been on the Fantasy 3 or 4 times when it was sailing out of florida and it was a fun ship. You will not go wrong with either!

Thanks for all the replies. We have chosen the Pride thanks to all the responses from the thread. We will be sailing on March 18th. The bus tour sounds like a great idea also. Unfortunately, my husband had a certain week that he could go and we live in Southern Ohio. Thanks again everyone!!

We haven't sailed the Pride but we have sailed the Legend which is a sister ship of the Pride. Legend is our favorite ship so far. We sailed the Fantasy last year and it is our least favorite. It is small and very old. It doesn't have balcony cabins either. We had a great time on the Fantasy but will not sail her again.

Enjoy your cruise :cool:

We were lucky enough to enjoy a few cruises last year and sailed both the Fantasy and the Pride. Both of the trips were enjoyable. Personally I prefer the smaller ships but the Pride is still not too large. In fact I found very few differences between the ships. You will not be disapointed either way. For me I would take the shorter drive and the longer cruise....the Pride wins.

We sail the Pride a lot. This past December we were in Charleston for a few days (We live in the Balt-Wash area), and my PVP called with a last minute deal to sail out of Baltimore. I told her that unfortunately we were out of town, and in fact, we could see the Fantasy dock from our hotel room. She tried to get us to hop on the Fantasy the next day at a great rate, but we couldn't spare another 6 days. :(

All things considered, I think that you made the right call. Those extra 10 hours in the car would clinch it for me.

Archived