Intercontinental at Doral Miami

cawagner

Anyone ever stay at this hotel? We live in FL but its about a 4 1/2 hr drive to POM and wanted to drive down the day before so we arent driving so long before our cruise. We looked at different hotels and, quite frankly, it's driving me insane :p too many choices, too many reviews out there it's making my head spin.

Looking for nice but not willing to break the bank LOL We tossed around the idea at first of going with the Hilton downtown Miami, they have a cruise package where you can park your car in their garage while your on your cruise. We have 4 people going so they only shuttle 2 we would have to pay for the other 2, then a taxi back. I am beginning to think it might be easier to just park at the port and save the hassle of shuttles/taxi's.

Which comes to my reasoning of chosing a hotel that is across town, cheaper but still nice and park at the port. Any other hotel ideas out there?

Check www.stay123.com or www.parksleepfly.com for hotels offering cruise parking deals.

Except for the Hilton downtown (pricey! :eek:) hotels offering these deals will be near MIA or farther out - like Doral - which means you need to add cabs/shuttles and asociated fare to the mix.

Lots of folks on these boards suggest the MIA Embassy Suites (free happy hour! :D), Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon, and the La Quinta East -- a budget option with mixed reviews that seems good enough for lots of cruisers.

You might even look at hotels near FLL and then drive to POM the next day. Good luck! :)

Archived