Last day transfer

Mia63

I wonder if anyone can help? We will be flying into /out of FT Lauderdale to join the Grand Princess in January 2013.

We havent event got there yet and already I'm thinking about coming home- LOL Not really I'm just checking stuff out.

I understand that we will be docking on our last day at around 7am and as yet I'm not sure of the times of our return flights although this being tranatlantic I'm thinking it may be overnight.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to what we might do on our last day to minimise the 'hanging around' time at the airport and that will account for us having our luggage with us? Are there any excursions we could do for instance?

You may find they do a tour from the ship, dropping you at the airport.

We did a B2B and spent the turnaround day in Fort Lauderdale. We took a taxi to an airboat ride. It was the same place as some ships tours were, (can`t remember the name) but I presume those tours were going on to the airport.

If you are just taking the ships transfer to Fort Lauderdale airport, leave plenty of time. We sat on the bus for nearly an hour at the port, waiting for it to fill up before it went.

We were just on the Emerald and they had excursions around Fort Lauderdale that terminated at FLL and others that terminated at MIA. Of course, if you get an afternoon flight you might want to just take your time disembarking and head straight to the airport. If that ends up being the case, grab a taxi don't bother with buying a Princess transfer.

We used the Princess transfer last year and it wasn't that much more expensive than grabbing a cab, but this year they jacked the price up to about double what a cab costs (for two people).

If your flight is late in the afternoon, you might want to do some research and hire someone to take you around before dropping you at the airport. Princess always offers tours for those flying out in the afternoon and your luggage goes with you on the coach. It's a good way to fill the time until your flight. The tours are usually offered on the Personalizer as it gets closer to your cruise. If you don't see them there, then they will be available on board.

Archived