Beach at Port Canaveral

Kruizin'Kath

We went to the beach right behind Ron Johns. Across the street they rented out umbrellas, surfboard, chairs. Our daughter rented a surfboard and she and our son swam in the ocean there. They had a great time. It was May 2010. We picked up a small taxi/bus for about $10 or so pp roundtrip. They dropped us in a parking lot near the shop and picked us up a couple of hours later. It was easy. They had fun

We're on the same ship :D

We considered going to Cocoa Beach until my husband pointed out that we can go there whenever we go to Disney (on the way there or home) so why not stay on the ship and enjoy the pool? We're paying to be on it, may as well take advantage of all those going on excursions, right?

Other than Cocoa Beach, I don't think there are many other places to go that are "close" .. Maybe check the Florida Departures area of CC?

Hey just got off the Jewel a month ago and went to cocoa beach. It was actually really nice we did the excursion NCL offers its $15 and they drop you off right by a few shops and stores (ron jons) and the beach is a 2 min walk away. It was really nice and had a great time there. They have busses going every half hour to bring you back to the ship. If you have any other questions about cocoa beach or the Jewel in general ill b happy to answer them for you :)

We went to the beach right behind Ron Johns. Across the street they rented out umbrellas, surfboard, chairs. Our daughter rented a surfboard and she and our son swam in the ocean there. They had a great time. It was May 2010. We picked up a small taxi/bus for about $10 or so pp roundtrip. They dropped us in a parking lot near the shop and picked us up a couple of hours later. It was easy. They had fun

Was this Jetty Beach? Where did you get the taxi from the pier, and how far of a walk is it to the beach from the parking lot? Was it a mini van? Did you make arrangements for them to come back to get you at a certain time, or were there taxis waiting? I will be traveling with 6 including my 2 year old grandson, will we all be able to fit in the same taxi bus?

Was this Jetty Beach? Where did you get the taxi from the pier, and how far of a walk is it to the beach from the parking lot? Was it a mini van? Did you make arrangements for them to come back to get you at a certain time, or were there taxis waiting? I will be traveling with 6 including my 2 year old grandson, will we all be able to fit in the same taxi bus?

I think this poster was referring to Cocoa Beach. We went to Jetty Park - very nice (we rented a car, but you can get a cab, and call when you need a ride back). If you go to Cocoa Beach, don't bother with an excursion. When we were there last, there was a free shuttle that dropped you off across the street (don't know if it's still running), but there is also a shuttle for $10 that runs all day.

No, it was Coco beach right behind Ron Jons. There was a bus right at the pier. It may have even been through NCL, but we did not sign up for an excursion. We just got off the ship and took the transport that was out there. They gave us a ticket when we got on the bus to use for return trip. We were not the only ones on it. I think it was more of a shuttle bus. They dropped us about 2 blocks from Ron Jons. The walk to the beach was crossing over a multi-laned street-via crosswalks and traffic lights. Down the sidewalk to a walkway to the beach. It was easy. They told us the bus would be back every however many minutes (i think it was 30 minutes). And the last time for pick up.

It was worth it for us. Our kids were ready to get off the ship. We had left from NYC. It was just a simple beach day. Nothing fancy at all.

Looking for a beach to visit on upcoming cruise on the Jewel. I have read that Cocoa Beach is dirty & full of stingrays(?). Any suggestions or are we just better off staying on board? Thanks for your help!

We're thinking of doing Cocoa Beach, too. Kath, come join our roll call! Link to it is in my signature.

Archived