Michigan to San Juan

slocav

Anyone have an idea on pricing to fly to San Juan during March 2013?

I've never flown that far and I'm not sure what to expect for prices. I'm willing to fly out of DTW, GRR, AZO, and a few chicagoland airports.

Looking for non-stop, but one stop is fine if it helps the price.

Anyone have an idea on pricing to fly to San Juan during March 2013?

I've never flown that far and I'm not sure what to expect for prices. I'm willing to fly out of DTW, GRR, AZO, and a few chicagoland airports.

Looking for non-stop, but one stop is fine if it helps the price.

I don't believe airfares are published 13 months in advance. Nobody knows reliably what prices will be. The prices may or may not reflect prices found for March 2012,

You can explore current airfares from the various cities you listed for prices and see if one airport is consistently cheaper than the others. This may help you when it comes time to book the real thing, If I had to guess, I would assume flights from ORD might be cheaper, but explore kayak.com or your favorite booking site to test this hypothesis. But remember, you can only estimate 2013 prices based on 2012 prices.

I don't believe airfares are published 13 months in advance. Nobody knows reliably what prices will be. The prices may or may not reflect prices found for March 2012,

You can explore current airfares from the various cities you listed for prices and see if one airport is consistently cheaper than the others. This may help you when it comes time to book the real thing, If I had to guess, I would assume flights from ORD might be cheaper, but explore kayak.com or your favorite booking site to test this hypothesis. But remember, you can only estimate 2013 prices based on 2012 prices.

Yes, just looking for a rough idea since I can't look at the fares for next year. If it isn't much more to fly to PR, then I think we will.

I'll keep an eye out on priceline for hotels too.

We are crusing out of San Juan in Feb 2013 - flying from DTW to SJ. Our flights will be out sooner than the March flights so I will post as soon as we get some prices.

That would be great! We are unsure who we are going to fly on yet, just going to go by prices.

We've flown from Michigan to San Juan the past three years, twice from Detroit and once from Traverse City. I think the prices ranged from 350-540.00. The 540 was TC obviously. I don't think you'll find many (if any) non-stops. Depending on the airline, plan on going through Atlanta, Newark, Philly.......once Continental changed our flights and we ended up going through Houston:eek: Definitely out of the way, but we got more miles:D

San Juan will almost always cost more than flying to Florida, but the cruises are cheaper once you get there and the ports are great:)

Two comments- you're going during Spring Break and that's a peak travel period, especially to Florida and the Caribbean. You've also heard about gas price trends on the news and felt the pain lately when you filled up. Gasoline at the pump is expected to increase by $1 over what you paid in late January and pretty much stay there as the "new normal". And that's if nothing happens in the Straits of Hormuz and there's no incidents over Iran's nuclear expansion. Fuel is the #1 cost for airlines, and I've noticed over the years that prices at the corner gas station pretty much indicate what airfares are doing. Combined with airlines removing planes from service to limit "inventory" and you definitely *cannot* use past prices to predict future trends. Exactly like the investment disclaimer, "Past performance....."

Two comments- you're going during Spring Break and that's a peak travel period, especially to Florida and the Caribbean. You've also heard about gas price trends on the news and felt the pain lately when you filled up. Gasoline at the pump is expected to increase by $1 over what you paid in late January and pretty much stay there as the "new normal". And that's if nothing happens in the Straits of Hormuz and there's no incidents over Iran's nuclear expansion. Fuel is the #1 cost for airlines, and I've noticed over the years that prices at the corner gas station pretty much indicate what airfares are doing. Combined with airlines removing planes from service to limit "inventory" and you definitely *cannot* use past prices to predict future trends. Exactly like the investment disclaimer, "Past performance....."

Oh I know, we were just looking for a rough estimate, but who knows what is going to happen over there in the meantime...

Archived