Blue Bay Resort

pjcoach

After reading through a number of posts, I think that I want to go to Blue Bay Resort. I have sent them an email but have not heard back as of yet. So, if anyone can confirm the following information for me, I would appreciate it.

How far of a ride is it from the port by taxi and what is approximate cost for 5?

What is the cost for a day pass?

Day pass includes access to all facilities (i.e. pool, bar, restaurants, chairs, palapas).

Anything else I need to know?

Thanks

I heard back from the resort.

It is approximately a 20 minute cab ride from the pier.

Cost of a day pass is approximately $8.50pp usd, which includes use of chairs, pool, towelservice and access to the beach bar/restaurant.

Have you seen any info on how busy this place gets or how the beach is there? I'll look into it too

I have never seen this beach too busy. It is laid back. It has a very nice restaurant, dive shop, restrooms, and of course a nice beach. Look up Best Western Curacao...you can see more pictures. I will attach one here for ya. I spent a lot of time at this beach as it was a great dive spot and a wonderful area to snorkel around...towards the sea...

Azura Beach is the same as Blue Bay... Azura is the name of the Restaurant . Enjoy.

AzuraBecahView4.jpg.8b08de23be40a55895d5a4c843b22671.jpg

You can also look up videos on youtube. This place looks very nice. I was first considering the area around Mambo/Cabana beach but I think Blue Bay is more of what I am looking for. Have a wonderful cruise and please come back and let us know how it was. Thank you.

You can also look up videos on youtube. This place looks very nice. I was first considering the area around Mambo/Cabana beach but I think Blue Bay is more of what I am looking for. Have a wonderful cruise and please come back and let us know how it was. Thank you.

Just did. Looks great:). Seems like a no hassle option for part of our Curaçao stop. The rest of the time we will kick it around Willemstad and then get back on the ship.

Perfect.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

My family and I just returned from our cruise yesterday. We went to Blue Bay Hotel when we were in Curacao on Friday (2/24). Here are some facts and my family's thoughts.

Admission to Blue Bay - $8.00 (usd) / $4.00 (usd) under 12yrs old

Cost of Taxi each way (for 5 people) - $30.00 (usd). The taxi stand right on the pier wanted to charge $35, but we walked right outside the gate and got one for $30.

Distance from the pier - approximately 20 minutes

Restaurant/Snack Bar and Bar located right on the beach - reasonable prices as you would expect at a hotel on an island. They will also call a taxi for you when you are ready to leave. Snack bar has burgers, hot dogs, fries, sandwiches, pizza, etc.

Dive Shop located right on the beach - my sons rented a mask,snorkel and fins for $12.00 (usd). They also had scuba equipment available and I believe they also did certification and dive tours.

Atmospere - Very laid back and quiet. All the people working there were very nice.

We got there about 10:30am and were able to get lounges under a tree. All teh palapas were gone at that point.

As I said we got a taxi right outside the gates of the pier for $30 and it took us approximately 20 minutes to get there. I was told via email that the $8.00 admission included use of beach, lounge chairs, use of pool and towels. When paying the lady said that the use of towels was only for hotel guests. After I showed her the email I received from the hotel she gave us towels, so bring your own towels unless you have an email saying that you can use their towels.

The beach is probably no more than 100 yards long and is crescent shaped facing a well protected cove. The sand is not soft white sand, but rather a darker coarse sand. The sand away from the water is softer. I would suggest wearing water shoes, since there are many rocks (some large) in the water. Since the beach is located in a cove, the water is very calm and there were quite few young kids playing at the waters edge. When facing the water, the beach extends to a boardwalk that extends out into the water an wraps around the rocks that make up the cove. This boardwalk has wood chairs (no cushions) and palapas. You could however carry out a longe chair and place it under a palapa if you desire.

So, I would not go here if you are looking for a soft sandy beach to just walk into the water or to walk along the beach (i.e. like Eagle Beach in Aruba). However, I would highly recommend if you want a relaxing day on the beach with all amenities, or if you want to have access to good snorkeling or scuba right from the beach.

My sons enjoyed the snorkeling, they saw many colorful fish right in the cove. The depth of water in the cove is probably not more than 10 feet, however, once you leave the cove the depth of water drops to about 20 to 40 feet and then deeper very quickly (you can't see bottom). I did see a sea turtle surfacing about 20 yards outside of the cove, again, the water is very deep and it appeared that only scuba divers went that far out.

Overall, we had a great day at this resort, and I think you will also, just so long as you know what to expect. If you have any questions, please post and I will try to answer them.

Enjoyed your review. We had a fine day at Blue Bay a few years ago-we liked the ocean swimming there. Also liked their pool.

Although the sand is not fine like some of our favorite beaches in the Caribbean, Blue Bay is one of our favorite beach places to spend a day.

I was planning on going here for our stop but am a little less inclined after reading this as it doesn't sould like earlier descriptions.

Cruiseapril, what do you like about Blue Bay beach if the sand at tue water is coarse?

Thanks for the info!

Hi blue water- We have spent much time in Curacao and are used to the coral on the beaches there.

We liked Blue Bay Resort because it is on a nice cove and has good swimming and snorkeling areas. It also has all of the amenities as mentioned by the above reviewer.

It is not like Palm Beach in Aruba or Carlisle Bay in Barbados where you have long stretches of fine white sand. You can google Blue Bay Resort to see photos.

What kind of beach experience are you looking for?

Hi blue water- We have spent much time in Curacao and are used to the coral on the beaches there.

We liked Blue Bay Resort because it is on a nice cove and has good swimming and snorkeling areas. It also has all of the amenities as mentioned by the above reviewer.

It is not like Palm Beach in Aruba or Carlisle Bay in Barbados where you have long stretches of fine white sand. You can google Blue Bay Resort to see photos.

What kind of beach experience are you looking for?

I did look at pics and it looked like a nice small bay.

We like all beaches, not just the powdered sugar variety. Our favorites are Smuggler's (Tortola), Doctors Cave (Jamaica), Barbados' west coast, Grace Bay (Provo). I guess my main concern is overcrowding because of the amenities. I was looking at Blue Bay for the amenities for the gals.

Are there any beaches that have a beach bar or 2 with steel drum or reggae or other bands playing?

We will be in Curacao off the Crown Princess Tues April 10! We don't schedule to be tied up until 1:00pm. Would it be worth the effort to go to the Blue Bay at 2:00pm? A nice beach experience is always fabulous for us, but for two and a half hours? Have any of me new Cruise Critic friends done that before?

We will be in Curacao off the Crown Princess Tues April 10! We don't schedule to be tied up until 1:00pm. Would it be worth the effort to go to the Blue Bay at 2:00pm? A nice beach experience is always fabulous for us, but for two and a half hours? Have any of me new Cruise Critic friends done that before?

I don't quite understand your 2 1/2 hours timeframe. If the ship docks at 1 p.m, then you'll probably leave around 10 or 11 p.m. You can stay @Blue Bay after sunset and enjoy a nice dinner. Even if you want to have dinner onboard you have from 2 until 6 (4 hours) of beach time. Plenty! Go and enjoy your beach day!

Yes, they had snorkel equipment for rent. My sons rented a mask, snorkel and fins for $12usd. They also had the snorkel vests for rent, not sure, but I think they charged an additional $5usd for those.

As for overcrowding, I didn't feel that it was overcrowded, but it certainly was not a beach where you felt like you were by yourself. I did notice that at about 2pm on teh day I was there, it seemed like a tour might have pulled up, because it seemed like a group of about 20 people came walking on the beach all at once.

My family and I had a very good time and found it to be a relaxing beach day. One other thing, they also have a deck/pier out in the middle of the cove that people enjoyed swimming to or taking break on while snorkeling.

Isa may know of some Curacao beaches with live music.

The thing with live music is that it's always on the weekends and starting around sunset. You will not find live music during the day.

For the beach with the loudest music :D you need to go to Seaquarium beach... (loudest not necessary meaning the best..)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Here is a email I got today from the Blue Bay Resort about taking a bus out to their resort.

"thank you for your email!

If you are in Willemstad (busstation Otrabanda) you have to take one of the busses going to Jan Doret, Boca Sami, St. Michiel or Vaarse Baai.

These busses will all drive by the entrance of Blue Bay Resort. Unfortunately, the busses here are not numbered. They all have signs showing where they are going to. Please inform the bus driver where you want to go, so he can assist you and instruct you where you need to get out of the bus."

with warm regards,

Annet Drost

Front Office Manager

Blue Bay Hotel

It looks like the bus would be a lot cheaper then a taxi.

Here is a email I got today from the Blue Bay Resort about taking a bus out to their resort.

"thank you for your email!

If you are in Willemstad (busstation Otrabanda) you have to take one of the busses going to Jan Doret, Boca Sami, St. Michiel or Vaarse Baai.

These busses will all drive by the entrance of Blue Bay Resort. Unfortunately, the busses here are not numbered. They all have signs showing where they are going to. Please inform the bus driver where you want to go, so he can assist you and instruct you where you need to get out of the bus."

with warm regards,

Annet Drost

Front Office Manager

Blue Bay Hotel

It looks like the bus would be a lot cheaper then a taxi.

Just to keep you informed.. the buses are not like what we are used to. they use vans and most do not have air conditioning. But it will be cheaper.

Archived