Only in Houma would they have a poll question like this

cajuinbell

I need everyone to vist http://www.houmatoday.com/ and take the poll question on the right mid section of the page.

They want to know if the cruise ship crash will keep you from cruising.

I wish there was place for a write in answer. Cuz i would soo say HELL NO.

Dumb capt messed up peoples vacations.

I voted NO. We leave Sunday on Conquest.

JimmyJames (Slidell, La.)

I don't have time to take survey, but would definitely say heck No. We booked our next cruise right after the Costa incident. Cruising will most likely be safer than ever now. Someone made a reference to Titanic. 1 shipwreck in 100 years are very good odds. I'm looking forward to my Dream cruise.

Thanks. My family leaves on the 26th on the Magic and my Mother in law leaves on March 4 on the Conquest.

have fun

Cajuinbell, We live in Houma also and will be cruising the Magic on Sunday. Will be getiing off when you are getting on.

I am going on the Splendor in April.

1. Ship caught fire in past

2. Ship is sister ship to Concordia

3. Leaving on the 100th anniversary of Titanic sinking (which technically could be called a CCL ship now as White Star got taken over by Cunard which was taken by CCL).

ANCHORS AWAY and bring on the DOD.

Nope. The only thing it did do was make me order some mini LED lights with clips to put on our lanyards incase of a power outage we could make it back to the cabin (hopefully) and get our lifejackets.

I have to say, I kept saying "where do I know 'Houma' from?" over and over in my head, until it dawned on me it was from "Swamp People". One of my faves. :)

I need everyone to vist http://www.houmatoday.com/ and take the poll question on the right mid section of the page.

Ahhhh Houma LA. I think I worked with most of the people that live in that parish when I worked offshore in the early 90's.

I don't have time to take survey, but would definitely say heck No. We booked our next cruise right after the Costa incident. Cruising will most likely be safer than ever now. Someone made a reference to Titanic. 1 shipwreck in 100 years are very good odds. I'm looking forward to my Dream cruise.

It's only one question. Click the link, then click yes or no.

We left for cruise the morning the crash happened and it didn't stop us. And we have another one coming up in less than a month.

Maybe we should all E-Mail the Houma newspaper and tell them that a simple yes and no poll does not do justice. I bet if they are bombarded with E-Mails to the editor they might take notice of how we really feel.

Your post made me smile. I briefly lived in Thibodaux and drove often to Houma since you had the mall.

Just in case you are involved with something like this, a thing my Coast Guard friend told me is never put on your life jacket until you see daylight. They are taught that from Day 1 in the Academy.

Wonder how many of those fatalities with people wearing life jackets found in their cabins were pinned against a ceiling or wall with them and drowned when they tried to make their way to the life boats. Maybe some, maybe none. Still what he told me makes sense.

Tucker in Texas

Just in case you are involved with something like this, a thing my Coast Guard friend told me is never put on your life jacket until you see daylight. They are taught that from Day 1 in the Academy.

Wonder how many of those fatalities with people wearing life jackets found in their cabins were pinned against a ceiling or wall with them and drowned when they tried to make their way to the life boats. Maybe some, maybe none. Still what he told me makes sense.

Tucker in Texas

That totally makes sense. Good advice, that I hope never need.

JimmyJames

I sooo agree. I live in the south end of the parish. Montegut.. LOL

We ain't scared. lol

I was in Montegut today working on the scoreboards at the ballfields with Danny. Notice a lot of places on the bayouside were roped off for the parades.

I feel safer on the ship rather than South Louisiana highways. I arrived in Houma Saturday after the Costa incident we would be leaving on Sunday on the Conquest and we had no negative feeling from our group of 13. I made a trip to Houma today for business and made a quick stop to check on family before returning to Lafayette.

I was in Montegut today working on the scoreboards at the ballfields with Danny. Notice a lot of places on the bayouside were roped off for the parades.

Yes the kids parade is Sunday and adults on Tuesday.

I hope the weather holds out for the kids on Sunday.

Archived