Is Bermuda a bad choice for a family?

mustcruise1217

It seems that Bermuda is very popular for couples and those without children. We are from CT so I would like to take a cruise leaving from New York. The best options are to Bermuda or down to the Bahamas. We have been to Nassau and the Port Canaveral stop seems like a waste since we go to Disney all the time.

It would be DH, myself, DD who would be 8 or 9 depending on when we go, and an infant 6months-1year depending on dates.

I thought it would be nice to not have to fly with an infant. Plus DH and DD could go off and do some swimming/snorkeling while I lounged on the beach with the baby. Is Bermuda family friendly or should I just wait until we can pull of a Caribbean cruise?

I am just having serious vacation withdrawl and a cruise to Bermuda would get us cruising much sooner.

We did Bermuda pre-child, but I think it would be a great choice! The island was very easy to navigate (we took the ferry and the bus) and the beaches were lovely. With the baby in a carrier you could do Crystal Caves as a whole family.

We did a land vacation to Bermuda with our DS when he was 13 months. He had a blast. We took him all over although we skipped the caves. We did the zoo, walked all over, took the bus, hung out at the beach, ate at pubs, etc. I think you will be fine. I agree, it does seem easier to cruise out of NY. We wanted to do that as well (we currently have a DS who is almost 3 and a DS who is 8 months) but have been to the Bahamas and Bermuda and anywhere else is a longer cruise and we just don't have the time off to take! Im keeping my fingers crossed that we can manage flying as a family.

We went on a Bermuda cruise when our kids were 4 years old and 24 months and we had a great time. We also took the ferries and the buses. Horseshoe Bay was an awesome and clean beach for kids.

Hamilton, St. George and King's Wharf were all wonderful places to stroll and as someone mentioned here - clean. The people were friendly too. I guess we had the tourist glazed look in Hamilton since two people stopped to help us find our way.

We did Crystal Cave too and loved it. I've always seen the Bermuda Aquarium, Museum and Zoo as a one of the most recommended attractions. We saw plenty of families getting off and on the bus there.

It is a beautiful island and we wouldn't hesitate to go back. Good luck with your plans and I hope your family enjoys Bermuda as much as we did.

We went this past summer on the Summit out of Bayonne with our then 2 and 4 year old girls. They had a blast and we had plenty to do. It rained one day so we did the zoo and aquarium, horseshoe bay (the cove there) one day and snorkel park. I would say it was great for families.

We took my kids there but they were 10,12 and 15 at the time and they loved it there..we also did the aquarium/zoo one day, went to st george where we swm/snorkeled at Tobacco Bay and from there walked up to Fort St Catherine which they enjoyed, took a tour of the island which really captured their attention, and also went to snorkel park another day which was lots of fun too. Being there for three days was nice because we had plenty of time that we didn't have to rush anything so they never felt overwhelmed but they could also go back to the ship for the kids activities which was a great outlet for them.

Cruising in and out of NYC was cool seeing the Statue of Libery also

Did a family cruise to Bermuda with 6 kids age 11 till 8 months and they all had a great time. Did the zoo one day, beach the next and just hung at the dockyard and shopped the day we left

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

Archived