Travelling with Infant to Alaska

Animalfarm

We'll be arriving at Seward on Celebrity Summit on May 27. We'll be flying home to Seattle from Anchorage and would be grateful for any suggestions on how many days to spend in Seward and Anchorage.

Would also be grateful for any advice on cruising/travelling with our 5 month old to the ports of call - Juneau, Ketchikan etc.

Also:

1. Is there anything to see or do at Seward that would be okay with baby? Is the Kenai Fjords cruise/catamaran safe? Which company has the largest boat?

2. Which is a better way to get to Anchorage fr Seward ? Train or rental car? What is the train ride on Alaskan Railroad like? Can we walk about freely if nec to soothe baby?

3. What can we do in Anchorage ? Can we use this as a base to visit other areas like Talkeetna or should we just head out of Anchorage and stay at these places - are there great views of Mt McKinley from Talkeetna at this time of year?

Thanks a mil!

My opinion only. I would not take a baby on a Kenai Fjords boat trip. There is no way "out" and a baby can be just too unpredictable.

You probably would be better off with a one way Hertz Seward/Anchorage car rental. This would give you plenty more options for flexability and ease of lodging choices in Anchorage. McKinley is rarely visable, but Talkeetna is an excellent view when it is. :) I would not do a day trip from Anchorage instead consider an overnight there.

Archived