Those just off the Miracle..

planb

Getting excited to see the sparkling ship after dry dock but what are you seeing on the formal night? My husband is wanting a nice sport coat and nice shirt vs bringing his tux on a 8 day in the tropic's. Any thoughts or let him relax in his sport coat. Guess it would change what I'd need to pack too.:rolleyes:

Any other fun stuff about the ship let us know.

Getting excited to see the sparkling ship after dry dock but what are you seeing on the formal night? My husband is wanting a nice sport coat and nice shirt vs bringing his tux on a 8 day in the tropic's. Any thoughts or let him relax in his sport coat. Guess it would change what I'd need to pack too.:rolleyes:

I rented a tux on board and it worked out well. The formalities staff were very great to work with and it save me a lot of hassle bringing dress clothes. If you do the math, bringing nice shoes, jacket, etc, dealing with the cleaning afterwards there is not much difference vs renting a tux.

We just got off the Miracle on the 14th. Of all the passengers on board I only saw a few guys wearing tux's. Mostly sport coats with ties, and some with just shirt and tie. There were even some wearing oxfords or polo's. If he doesn't want to bring the tux he will be just fine.

Barry

We just got off the Miracle on the 14th. Of all the passengers on board I only saw a few guys wearing tux's. Mostly sport coats with ties, and some with just shirt and tie. There were even some wearing oxfords or polo's. If he doesn't want to bring the tux he will be just fine.

Barry

What did you think about the Miracle after being in dry dock? Anything new or just new paint and carpets?

Sent from my DROIDX

A sport coat is fine, & well within the suggested "guidelines" for elegant night. Many men just wear a shirt/tie & nice slacks. And some no tie. It's all good....

What did you think about the Miracle after being in dry dock? Anything new or just new paint and carpets?

Sent from my DROIDX

Overall the ship is in terrific shape, It was nice and clean. While in drydock they added the Serenity area, and installed flat screen tv's in the cabins. I'm not sure about the carpets, the carpet in our cabin was not new, but it was clean.

Barry

Just off Miracle on the 14th too. The ship is in great shape. The Serenity area is wonderful. This was my first time on Miracle so can't compare it to how it used to be, but everything was kept very nice. Carpet was very nice and beds comfy. Nice flat screen TVs, but didn't watch it much, mostly just to get folio information and dinner menus.

As for elegant night, most dressed quite nice. Saw only a few with tuxes, but most with jacket and shirt with and without tie. Saw a few polo shirts too. I did see a couple in old jeans and T-shirts and another man in shorts and a polo shirt turned away from the dining room on elegant night.

Just off Miracle on the 14th too. The ship is in great shape. The Serenity area is wonderful. This was my first time on Miracle so can't compare it to how it used to be, but everything was kept very nice. Carpet was very nice and beds comfy. Nice flat screen TVs, but didn't watch it much, mostly just to get folio information and dinner menus.

As for elegant night, most dressed quite nice. Saw only a few with tuxes, but most with jacket and shirt with and without tie. Saw a few polo shirts too. I did see a couple in old jeans and T-shirts and another man in shorts and a polo shirt turned away from the dining room on elegant night.

How does Frankie and Johnny's lounge look? Did you hear the cover band "Music Boardwalk"? What did you think? I hope they're still good. Thanks for the info. Sailing on her April 12th. Can't wait.

Not JUST off her but off her a few months ago and going again in a few more. My husband brought and wore his tux and he was definately the minority. I saw a few people here and there but most just wore either a suit or a nice sport coat and pants. Quite a few didn't even do jackets, just wore the dress pants and long sleeved dress shirt.

He will be fine in what he wants to wear.

I am trying to decide which jackets to bring... I only have one dark sport coat, the others are more of a tweed or a light gray in color.... Should I stick with the dark colors for the formal night?

Maine, the color really isn't an issue, I think with the lighter colors and teh tweed it is more of the color of the shirt and pants that you wear with them that really depends on how it looks when all together.

I would personally only bring the one dark sport coat...and switch it up one night...If you wear a white or colored shirt with it one night, the other formal night you could wear a black or dark colored shirt and a colord tie like blue or pink or teal...that really makes it pop and looks sharp...and if you can match your wifes dress to your tie that is even better!

Archived