pack & go vs past guest - any downfalls to choosing

kimmi5207

I happened to check on line tonight (just booked a couple of days ago) and there is a pack and go rate for my cruise that is a total of $240 cheaper. I currently had an inside assigned midship, just on the 2nd deck (Main), of course I would receive an inside guarantee.

I'm really not that picky about the rooms - at least I haven't received one that I've felt is a bad one yet.

Any downfalls to picking pack and go rate? I know it's not refundable, and the entire balance is due at the time of booking. Are you also not able to get price matches? Although I would be more than happy with the rate showing today (seeing as it is $240 cheaper than the rate the other day). $679/person for an inside, 7 days on the Magic. Originally booked at $799/person.

Thoughts? Just don't want to regret the decision, as I'll have to cancel my current booking and rebook, since the pack and go rate is only available for new bookings. Final payment date isn't until March 6th, so no penalty if I decide to do that.

(Additional note - the past guest rate dropped also - by a total of $40 ($20/pp)

thanks

I happened to check on line tonight (just booked a couple of days ago) and there is a pack and go rate for my cruise that is a total of $240 cheaper. I currently had an inside assigned midship, just on the 2nd deck (Main), of course I would receive an inside guarantee.

I'm really not that picky about the rooms - at least I haven't received one that I've felt is a bad one yet.

Any downfalls to picking pack and go rate? I know it's not refundable, and the entire balance is due at the time of booking. Are you also not able to get price matches? Although I would be more than happy with the rate showing today (seeing as it is $240 cheaper than the rate the other day). $679/person for an inside, 7 days on the Magic. Originally booked at $799/person.

Thoughts? Just don't want to regret the decision, as I'll have to cancel my current booking and rebook, since the pack and go rate is only available for new bookings. Final payment date isn't until March 6th, so no penalty if I decide to do that.

(Additional note - the past guest rate dropped also - by a total of $40 ($20/pp)

thanks

They will probably let you just switch without cancelling.

You wont be able to get any price drops

The details

Pack & Go:

Cruise rates are in US dollars, per person, based on double occupancy, capacity controlled and subject to change at any time without prior notice. Government taxes and fees are from $21.46 to $102.16 additional for each guest based on itinerary. Full payment is required at the time of booking for all guests to secure confirmed accommodations. The full payment is non-refundable and non-transferable. Offer is not combinable with any other discounted or promotional offer. Rates are capacity controlled and subject to change without prior notice. No name changes allowed. Offer is applicable in guarantee categories IS/OV/BL only. Carnival will assign the stateroom at a later time. Some restrictions (including stateroom/category availability) apply. Request fare code PUB.

Thanks. The Carnival person I spoke to tried to change the rate but said it would not let her. That I would need to cancel online and rebook. She also couldn't find the rate though, even though I was staring at it on my screen. She had to call another department.

I noticed above it specifically said it can not be used with any other discounted or promotional offers. I specifically asked her if I could use my future cruise certificate, and she said yes. She even gave me the website to apply it. Is that correct?

If so, how does that work if I pay in full? (since $100 is supposed to go to my deposit and it will already be paid off).

Thanks again.

I am before final payment. I just booked a few days ago and early saver was no longer available so I booked as a past guest. Final payment isn't until March 6th. The cruise is May 20th.

Do you know if the Future cruise credit can be used, and how that works if I'm paying in full? Not too sure I trust the carnival representative since she couldn't even see the rate I was seeing (she wasn't my pvp-I don't have one and booked online).

Your future cruise credit should be sent in before final payment. The directions are on the back of the form. I am a travel agent and I see the rate you are referring to. You should be able to change rate code. I just did one for April without any problem.

Good luck:)

Archived