9% increase

Krazy Kruizers

We have to agree, not sure the percent but they have risen. We have compared the cost of the identical cruise we had taken last year or even this year vs 2006 prices and notice a significant difference. Reasons seem to be a good demand, raise in price of oil, Baby boomers retiring, and people are willing to pay the increased prices..

That seems about right in our experience. Pretty hefty, IMO. But I can understand the reasons why. European sailings are probably a tad higher than that when you factor in the weak US dollar vs. the Euro. Our 14-day Prinsendam sailing round trip out of Amsterdam this August is the most expensive cruise we've booked to date. Even higher on a per diem basis than our 13-day Mediterranean cruise last year on the Prinsendam.

That seems about right in our experience. Pretty hefty, IMO. But I can understand the reasons why. European sailings are probably a tad higher than that when you factor in the weak US dollar vs. the Euro. Our 14-day Prinsendam sailing round trip out of Amsterdam this August is the most expensive cruise we've booked to date. Even higher on a per diem basis than our 13-day Mediterranean cruise last year on the Prinsendam.

Add to that some European staff are not happy. On my RSSC Mariner Feb cruise I was talking to one of the European staff people and they are getting a pay cut every time the dollar falls against the Euro. The contract with their parent company is in dollars but when the employee's convert it to Euros they are losing...

Will be interesting how this plays out in the future.

I just did a quick comparison of what I have paid on past and upcoming cruises and comparing them to similair cruises for 2006 for S Suites and I am coming up with between 14% to 27% higher. I am also not hearing of as many Mariner Promos. I think we will be seeing fewer deals with more people wanting to cruise:(

I don't know about the % rate of increase, but the prices HAVE gone up ... repeatedly. This makes it all the more important to book one's cruises early so as to ensure that you'll be able to get aboard the ship you want, the cruise you want, the cabin you want, and at a price you can afford.

The Hawaii cruise is only going to go up in price ... so book with us, now, and save!!!!! :D If you book with someone else, later, you'll be paying more.

Speaking of gas prices, somewhat OT, a station in Baker, California (about half way between Las Vegas and LA) today was selling regular for $3.11 per gallon!

Oh no!

DH is going to be in Baker later this week for the annual Baker-to-Vegas Challenge Cup Relay. (This is a relay race for law enforcement agencies that goes for about 120 miles through the desert...)

Thanks for the update...I'll warn him not to gas up in Baker (also home to the "World's Tallest Thermometer")

Oh no!

DH is going to be in Baker later this week for the annual Baker-to-Vegas Challenge Cup Relay. (This is a relay race for law enforcement agencies that goes for about 120 miles through the desert...)

Thanks for the update...I'll warn him not to gas up in Baker (also home to the "World's Tallest Thermometer")

Hey tiffnco, please tell your DH we say good luck to him :)

Please let us know how it goes !

Hey tiffnco, please tell your DH we say good luck to him :)

Please let us know how it goes !

Thanks Ziggy...That's no nice of you...I will pass along the good thoughts and post an update on the event :D

Tiffany

Archived