Valor to San Juan, Victory to Miami Destiny to Europe?

BenjiRodney

Why all this sudden interest in Europe??? Seriously, who can afford to fly over there????

The Destiny is going to Italy for a major refit. Although she may remain for some time afterward.

The interest in Europe, is the huge market over there. It isn't necessarily about giving North Americans somewhere else to cruise.

The Destiny is going to Italy for a major refit. Although she may remain for some time afterward.

The interest in Europe, is the huge market over there. It isn't necessarily about giving North Americans somewhere else to cruise.

Thanks Duck. I didn't know it was as big as it was over there. I hope they send Destiny back when she's all spruced up!

Why all this sudden interest in Europe??? Seriously, who can afford to fly over there????

Alot of people enjoy European cruises and don't mind flying over to do them. Also cruising is not only for Americans...Europeans do cruise as well.

Anyway, this is great news! I was just saying the Southern Caribbean itinerary deserves a newer ship and there you have it. The Victory has to be my least favorite ship next to the Destiny. I'll definitely take advantage in 2013.

Alot of people enjoy European cruises and don't mind flying over to do them. Also cruising is not only for Americans...Europeans do cruise as well.

Anyway, this is great news! I was just saying the Southern Caribbean itinerary deserves a newer ship and there you have it. The Victory has to be my least favorite ship next to the Destiny. I'll definitely take advantage in 2013.

A rejuvenated Destiny would do well in the Med on the sort of clockface itinerary the ill-fated Concordia was offering before her untimely demise. I hope she stays in Carnival colours rather being transferred to Costa. I personally think Costa will struggle for bookings over the next few years expecially with the large number of ships they have.

Its funny, just as RCCL sends Independence OTS back to Florida for the winter months, there are rumours that Carnival Destiny will stay in Europe year-round.

Just curious as to why the Victory is your least fave - we're sailing on her in September.....

I hadn't checked Carnival's site to see that the Victory was going to have the same itineraries. Thank you for letting me know. I will go ahead and put Victory on our list.

From John's FB page:

Four- and Five-Day Voyages from Miami

Carnival Victory will become the newest and largest ship to offer year-round four- and five-day cruises from Miami when it launches service on Feb. 4, 2013. Carnival Victory’s Miami-based schedule features three distinctly different itineraries, providing consumers with a variety of convenient and affordable cruise options departing from one of America’s top tourist destinations.

Four-day “long weekend” cruises departing Thursdays call at Key West, Fla., and Cozumel, Mexico; five-day cruises departing Mondays include stops at Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos Islands; the private Bahamian island of Half Moon Cay; and Nassau, The Bahamas. Five-day voyages departing Saturdays feature George Town, Grand Cayman; and Ocho Rios, Jamaica. Each of these destinations offers a truly unique vacation experience, with miles of gorgeous white-sand beaches and an interesting array of shore excursion choices such as zip-lining, horseback riding, kayaking, and more.

For some, perhaps many, the same caribbean ports may become tedious so Europe is a welcome change and perhaps a once in a lifetime trip. After all, many people cannot even afford a short cruise let alone a long one and for some of us who can (just about) afford to fly over will; you only live once.

I agree......then the excursions for Europe are through the roof in price. If you are going to pay airfare to Europe you need to make it 2-3 week trip to justify the cost. Not all of us can afford to take that much time off for a trip. I guess if you don't want to do Australia or Europe this will force one to consider other lines. There is an old saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it" Quit tinkering Carnival. :(

Just curious as to why the Victory is your least fave - we're sailing on her in September.....

No steakhouse, less food options on Lido....it's an older, smaller ship and it shows. I like newer, bigger ships with all the bells and whistles.

But even with all that said its a good ship with a phenomenal crew and the itinerary can't be beat. It's so port intensive you probably won't notice any of the stuff I noticex. You'll have a great time in September, don't worry a bit!

From John's FB page:

Four- and Five-Day Voyages from Miami

Carnival Victory will become the newest and largest ship to offer year-round four- and five-day cruises from Miami when it launches service on Feb. 4, 2013. Carnival Victory’s Miami-based schedule features three distinctly different itineraries, providing consumers with a variety of convenient and affordable cruise options departing from one of America’s top tourist destinations.

Four-day “long weekend” cruises departing Thursdays call at Key West, Fla., and Cozumel, Mexico; five-day cruises departing Mondays include stops at Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos Islands; the private Bahamian island of Half Moon Cay; and Nassau, The Bahamas. Five-day voyages departing Saturdays feature George Town, Grand Cayman; and Ocho Rios, Jamaica. Each of these destinations offers a truly unique vacation experience, with miles of gorgeous white-sand beaches and an interesting array of shore excursion choices such as zip-lining, horseback riding, kayaking, and more.

For those of us who have to fly to ports to cruise 4 and 5 day cruises don't make sense. Many times the airfare is more than the cruise itself. I guess if you are going to only market to those within driving distance of a port this makes sense.

I agree......then the excursions for Europe are through the roof in price. If you are going to pay airfare to Europe you need to make it 2-3 week trip to justify the cost. Not all of us can afford to take that much time off for a trip. I guess if you don't want to do Australia or Europe this will force one to consider other lines. There is an old saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it" Quit tinkering Carnival. :(

Carnival is not just going after the North American cruiser here. I would think that a European Cruise on Carnival could be had for a lower price point than other lines. Given the state of the European economy, this might be a great entry time for Carnival. I don't know this to be fact as I haven't researched it. As some people say......just sayin'

For those of us who have to fly to ports to cruise 4 and 5 day cruises don't make sense. Many times the airfare is more than the cruise itself. I guess if you are going to only market to those within driving distance of a port this makes sense.

It's no different then what the Destiny was doing before.

These trips make for great B2B opportunities.

Just off of Carnival's website, Valor is replacing Victory in San Juan, Victory is replacing Destiny in Miami and Destiny is showing a TA crossing to Italy in Feb 2013. Wow.

You had me scared there for a minute, We're booked on Valor/Glory B2B in Dec. I may be on the cutting edge of a trend. We booked and sailed Inspiration last Halloween totally unaware she was switching ports with Paradise soon after.

This isn't necessarily true. For people like me that want to cruise, but normally can not be gone for a full week, the 3 and 4 day weekend cruises are a good option for a quick getaway.

This being said, the airfares have been less than reasonable lately.

Archived