Valor to San Juan, Victory to Miami Destiny to Europe?

BenjiRodney

Has there been a replacement announced for the Legend next summer in Tampa? I would like to see some variety there.

From what I understand there will not be one.

And airfare is crazy in the US and internationally. Also on the excursion prices, They are priced to compete with the pound/ euro. so they are going to be pricy. Our dollar is so much stronger than the Mexican one so that is why the excursion prices are much more reasonable.

Yea!:)

I'm thrilled that the Valor is going to sail from San Juan. Our family had been putting off San Juan all this time as I wasn't thrilled about not having a steakhouse and the fish n' chips bar. (I know that might sound crazy, but we didn't want to fly that far and not be able to maximize our Carnival experience.) Also, the last time I looked, it was a port intensive itinerary. Now, there's one sea day!! YES!!:) We don't like a LOT of sea days, but it's nice to have at least one now.

Now we just need to wait for next summer's airfare to San Juan.

Has there been a replacement announced for the Legend next summer in Tampa? I would like to see some variety there.

From an article I read, they stated they will not replace her while she is in Europe. http://travel.usatoday.com/cruises/post/2012/02/carnival-cruise-lines-ship-europe/627467/1 Last Sentense

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herfnerd

Just curious as to why the Victory is your least fave - we're sailing on her in September.....

No steakhouse, less food options on Lido....it's an older, smaller ship and it shows. I like newer, bigger ships with all the bells and whistles.

But even with all that said its a good ship with a phenomenal crew and the itinerary can't be beat. It's so port intensive you probably won't notice any of the stuff I noticed. You'll have a great time in September, don't worry a bit!

I loved the Victory! There were more- Less Food Options on Destiny than on Victory. Victory just seemed to be a more fun decor. Examples-Victory had Sea horses at the end of stairways and Destiny had small lion heads. Victorys seating area out by the main pool was so much bigger that Destinys. So go and enjoy the Victory - you will love her...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herfnerd

Just curious as to why the Victory is your least fave - we're sailing on her in September.....

I loved the Victory! There were more- Less Food Options on Destiny than on Victory. Victory just seemed to be a more fun decor. Examples-Victory had Sea horses at the end of stairways and Destiny had small lion heads. Victorys seating area out by the main pool was so much bigger that Destinys. So go and enjoy the Victory - you will love her...

I also love the Victory. I know many don't like the colors of the ship, but to me they are a more muted and prettier colors. I also really like the sea horses everywhere. I was hoping to sail her again, but am fully booked for this year already and would not be interested in the shorter cruises.

I also love the Victory. I know many don't like the colors of the ship, but to me they are a more muted and prettier colors. I also really like the sea horses everywhere. I was hoping to sail her again, but am fully booked for this year already and would not be interested in the shorter cruises.
I liked Victory as well - and sailed her four times. (Although the seahorses can be painful when they bite you on the stairs;)). The biggest problem I see with Victory is the buffet line - Victory doesn't have as many lines as Conquest-class ships do, so the lines tend to be longer.

Quote]

Thanks! We're looking forward to it!

Archived