TSA lock on luggage a do or don't??

Silly3mom

We use TSA locks only. We can drive to the ports here in FL, but we do fly other places so we keep the locks on the suitcases for when we travel.

I feel more comfortable locking the suitcases when we go on a cruise. We don't put things in them that we shouldn't, so we don't have problems, at least so far.

Ok, we leave on Monday on the Fantasy out of Charleston, SC. I am nervouse about handing over luggage without it having some lock on it. I checked the policy and they recommend not to use a lock. But isn't that the purpose of these new TSA locks for luggage.. Any thoughts or experience please share...

I use colored zip ties and then carry a small nail clipper. They can get in if need be, but I know if they're been tampered with.

There is nothing NEW about these locks, I've been using them for about 9 years!!!!

If the TSA open up your luggage for inspection, they WILL leave an official form letter explaining why they did do.

I always lock my luggage. I have this crazy fear my undies will end up all over the place if I don't.:p Never had a problem.

Yep. That's exactly what happens. Several years ago, I worked as a baggage handler for ????? Airlines. We'd have lots of fun trying on other people's underwear.:eek: If your undies have greasy paw prints on them and smell like jet fuel, you'll know what happened.:D:D:D

TSA has nothing to do with cruise port security and Carnival doesn't cut locks. Carnival USED to say always lock you luggage. They have no responsibility for it until it is on the ship and even then only minimal liability.

We always lock our luggage.

Likewise.

We have never locked our luggage, and have traveled all over this beautiful country, and the world. Of course we never place anything valuable in our checked luggage. This is a personal choice though, whatever one feels comfortable with.

Likewise.

We have had 1 cheap brass lock cut off 1 piece of luggage on the Carnival Glory a few years ago. If the suspect you have any banned items (ie : Alcohol ), they will remove it from your bag and notify it from you. The funny thing it was on our young sons bag...not sure how they mixed up Pedialyte for alcohol....lol

Archived