Barcelona Beach area

CruisingMouse

Yes I know another thread on Barcelona Hotels sorry, but I have been pooring over these threads as well as every hotel site for the last month. Haven't seen anyone mention of a nice, clean hotel within walking distance to the beach. Don't want to be right in La Rambas we can get there easy enough. Thinking about booking the Hotel Diagonal Zero or Hotel Barcelona Princess both receive good and so so reviews, but have yet to come across any cruisers staying there for a pre or post cruise. Only a hotel for 1 night post cruise, anyone have any input on either of these? Also I have a general question about check in times. I see most of the hotels in Barcelona have a 3 pm check in time, how or what did you do getting off the ship in the morning, did you find your room was ready? Did they let you check in early? Or did they have a luggage room where you could leave your stuff and go site seeing till the check in time? I figure we will probably be at hotel latest 11 am. Anyone been to Barcelona in May? Hows the weather, will we be able to swim in the Med?? Thanks

YES! I am thrilled that someone is actually thinking of staying somewhere off the beaten path like we did! We stayed 4 nights post-cruise at Hotel Diagonal Zero. It was FABULOUS. We loved it. We booked an "executive room" which came with access to the rooftop patio, including free alcoholic drinks and snacks. It was beautiful up there, very scenic and relaxing. Our rate also included breakfast each morning, and trust me when I tell you the Spanish know how to put on a breakfast spread. Dee-lish. :)

If you disembark as late as possible just having a slow, leisurely morning and then take a cab to the hotel. Hopefully your room will be ready. Ours was not (they said it was not)... they offered an upgrade for one evening and not seeing another option, we accepted it. It cost more and moving rooms was a pain, but I don't recall them offering to store our luggage or else we would have done so and just not paid more for the upgraded room. You could e-mail them about this.

You can walk to the beach in about 4 minutes; it's across the street and down a little way. Beautiful. We ate lunch at one of the restaurants on the beach, very nice. The hotel is next to a huge 3 story mall and close to restaurants for dinner. We also chose this hotel because it is down the block from the Hop On Hop Off bus stop, which we used for two days. Also fabulous, I recommend it. We walked the other two days and had a blast. What an incredible city. :)

Have fun! We would stay there again in a heartbeat. It is a modern, funky hotel and all the staff spoke good English.

YES! I am thrilled that someone is actually thinking of staying somewhere off the beaten path like we did! We stayed 4 nights post-cruise at Hotel Diagonal Zero. It was FABULOUS. We loved it. We booked an "executive room" which came with access to the rooftop patio, including free alcoholic drinks and snacks. It was beautiful up there, very scenic and relaxing. Our rate also included breakfast each morning, and trust me when I tell you the Spanish know how to put on a breakfast spread. Dee-lish. :)

If you disembark as late as possible just having a slow, leisurely morning and then take a cab to the hotel. Hopefully your room will be ready. Ours was not (they said it was not)... they offered an upgrade for one evening and not seeing another option, we accepted it. It cost more and moving rooms was a pain, but I don't recall them offering to store our luggage or else we would have done so and just not paid more for the upgraded room. You could e-mail them about this.

You can walk to the beach in about 4 minutes; it's across the street and down a little way. Beautiful. We ate lunch at one of the restaurants on the beach, very nice. The hotel is next to a huge 3 story mall and close to restaurants for dinner. We also chose this hotel because it is down the block from the Hop On Hop Off bus stop, which we used for two days. Also fabulous, I recommend it. We walked the other two days and had a blast. What an incredible city. :)

Have fun! We would stay there again in a heartbeat. It is a modern, funky hotel and all the staff spoke good English.

Thanks SO MUCH for your reply, I was beginning to think I was the only one that wanted to stay in that area. After reading your post, now I think I will be sorry I only have 1 day/night post cruise, but I guess that's better than flying right home after disembarkment. I was looking at the executive room as well with a sea view. Love the idea of the roof top terrace, hopefully it will be nice weather and we can catch a sunset from there. I did email them a few weeks ago and haven't heard anything, I will try again today. Did you book it direct from their website? As I see on the standard travel hotel sites, you don't get the option to include the breakfast or sea room. How did you return to the airport? I didn't see anything on their site about shuttle service (fee or free). Thanks again, this is where we will stay.

Yes, we booked on the website. Just checked again for you and the Executive Sea View room is there with access to the rooftop lounge, but it appears as though the breakfast buffet is not included anymore. Perhaps it was a special we got last summer, I don't know. Anyway, it was a good breakfast so you will probably want that in the morning, anyway.

There was no shuttle, free or otherwise; we took a cab both to and from. Going there it was less expensive - we seem to recall it was about 35 Euros? Going to the airport was more because when you call a cab to a hotel, you are charged for his travelling and wait time as well, plus for each piece of luggage he puts in the trunk. I know! But don't let that deter you, just budget for it. The ride to the airport was before dawn... ugh... with tip, we paid 55 Euros. Cab drivers don't get tipped in most cities in Europe... he was thrilled. :D

We exchanged several e-mails successfully - yes, please try again. Sorry you haven't heard anything as of yet.

So happy for you! This was a delightful stay and the beach is beautiful. We went in July - stinking hot! But... not sure about weather in May. Probably beautiful but just cooler.

Yes, we booked on the website. Just checked again for you and the Executive Sea View room is there with access to the rooftop lounge, but it appears as though the breakfast buffet is not included anymore. Perhaps it was a special we got last summer, I don't know. Anyway, it was a good breakfast so you will probably want that in the morning, anyway.

There was no shuttle, free or otherwise; we took a cab both to and from. Going there it was less expensive - we seem to recall it was about 35 Euros? Going to the airport was more because when you call a cab to a hotel, you are charged for his travelling and wait time as well, plus for each piece of luggage he puts in the trunk. I know! But don't let that deter you, just budget for it. The ride to the airport was before dawn... ugh... with tip, we paid 55 Euros. Cab drivers don't get tipped in most cities in Europe... he was thrilled. :D

We exchanged several e-mails successfully - yes, please try again. Sorry you haven't heard anything as of yet.

So happy for you! This was a delightful stay and the beach is beautiful. We went in July - stinking hot! But... not sure about weather in May. Probably beautiful but just cooler.

Hi Again, So EXCITED..I booked it online today, Executive Sea View, but I DID find the drop down menu that had the breakfast included!! Now it didn't say buffet breakfast, just breakfast included, as well as access to the 15th floor terrace and spa. Will be about $210.00 CDN with today's rates.

Upon receiving my confirmation from them, it also included a different email addy so I have again emailed them about the earlier check in and or luggage room. I have found private shuttle service to get us from BCN to the Port then from the Port to the Hotel and then back to BCN and they gave me a rate of 125 Euros for all. So I guess that's not bad considering what you paid last year.

Well cold or not, have to get my toes at least in the Med water..lol.

Hi Again, So EXCITED..I booked it online today, Executive Sea View, but I DID find the drop down menu that had the breakfast included!! Now it didn't say buffet breakfast, just breakfast included, as well as access to the 15th floor terrace and spa. Will be about $210.00 CDN with today's rates.

Upon receiving my confirmation from them, it also included a different email addy so I have again emailed them about the earlier check in and or luggage room. I have found private shuttle service to get us from BCN to the Port then from the Port to the Hotel and then back to BCN and they gave me a rate of 125 Euros for all. So I guess that's not bad considering what you paid last year.

Well cold or not, have to get my toes at least in the Med water..lol.

CruisingMouse, would you mind telling me which shuttle service you are using in Barcelona? I have been looking but they all seem so expensive.

Thanks!

Now it didn't say buffet breakfast, just breakfast included, as well as access to the 15th floor terrace and spa. Will be about $210.00 CDN with today's rates...

You know what? We're Canadian too and that's about what we've been expecting to pay for any hotel room abroad. Sounds good! And the breakfast will be the buffet; they will have your name and room number at the front door which you just give to them and they check you off the list.

The walk to the beach is short and completely safe. Just go out the front door and cross the street, straight ahead and then turn right. You'll be on the beach in a matter of minutes. I hope it's sunny and warm for you. It was just beautiful for us. And yes, the sunset from the rooftop with a drink in your hand will be incredible. :)

Woot! OK.... man, I hope you love it as much as we did now, after my glowing review! :D

Karen

CruisingMouse, would you mind telling me which shuttle service you are using in Barcelona? I have been looking but they all seem so expensive.

Thanks!

Hi, Sure no problem I have been dealing with Andrew through numerous emails and he has always been pleasant and prompt! Hope the service in Barcelona is just as good..lol

This is their website http://www.costa-blanca-transfers.com/

and the email is info@Costa-Blanca-Transfers.com

Good Luck.

Ann

You know what? We're Canadian too and that's about what we've been expecting to pay for any hotel room abroad. Sounds good! And the breakfast will be the buffet; they will have your name and room number at the front door which you just give to them and they check you off the list.

The walk to the beach is short and completely safe. Just go out the front door and cross the street, straight ahead and then turn right. You'll be on the beach in a matter of minutes. I hope it's sunny and warm for you. It was just beautiful for us. And yes, the sunset from the rooftop with a drink in your hand will be incredible. :)

Woot! OK.... man, I hope you love it as much as we did now, after my glowing review! :D

Karen

LMAO you sound like your just as excited as I am!! Thanks for the good wishes, I will have to let you know when I return!

Ann

Hi, Sure no problem I have been dealing with Andrew through numerous emails and he has always been pleasant and prompt! Hope the service in Barcelona is just as good..lol

This is their website http://www.costa-blanca-transfers.com/

and the email is info@Costa-Blanca-Transfers.com

Good Luck.

Ann

Thanks Ann I will go check them out.

Archived