pre -cruise "taste of Miami"...

Hellie24

We arrive from the Uk at 3.30pm ,staying at the Intercontinental Doral over night prior to cruising out of FLL next afternoon 4pm .

I believe it will be about $30 taxi each way to South Beach ....if we get there early evening to eat & people watch will it be worth the effort...or is there some thing else we can do to get a taste of MIami.:)

(probably take a ships tour on debarkation)

Any sugestions what to do next morning after breakfast... any shopping Malls near IC Doral suspect out pick up time will be 12 ish maybe earlier I dont know?

If your hotel offers a free MIA airport shuttle you can catch the airport flyer bus to South Beach for only $2.35 per person each way.

It's a 40+ minute ride from the Doral area to Port Everglades - I suspect breakfast and a quick swim is all you will have time for.

Good luck! :)

Thanks for that John

Do you happen to know how later the bus to airport runs in an evening or would we perhaps have to get a taxi back from South Beach?eiether way sounds better deal than $60 for taxis!!

Not sure if our package includes breakfast in IC or if we will have to find a cafe but hopefully something near by I expect it will be expensive in IC We will be happy with tea & toast & wait untill we get on ship to eat big meal....

Here's a link to the airport flyer bus information: http://www.miami-airport.com/pdfdoc/airport_flyer_brochure.pdf

Taxi from South Beach to your hotel will be $35-40 each way :eek: You only save a few dollars by cabbing to MIA and then using your hotel shuttle.

I played golf at Doral once, but am not familiar with your hotel - hope you have a good cruise! :)

We arrive from the Uk at 3.30pm ,staying at the Intercontinental Doral over night prior to cruising out of FLL next afternoon 4pm .

I believe it will be about $30 taxi each way to South Beach ....if we get there early evening to eat & people watch will it be worth the effort...or is there some thing else we can do to get a taste of MIami.:)

(probably take a ships tour on debarkation)

Any sugestions what to do next morning after breakfast... any shopping Malls near IC Doral suspect out pick up time will be 12 ish maybe earlier I dont know?

Go to Smith & Wollensky around four for dinner and to watch the ships leave through the Government Cut. It's so close you could almost touch them.

Monteys and close and they have great seafood and a great happy hour. They are just around the corner and have amazing views of the Marina and Biscayne Bay.

For authentic Miami food, try Davids II and Lincoln Road Mall and Meridian or Puerto Suaga for Cuban. Tap Tap has great Haitian and they are all cheap. Smith & Wollensky is not but you could always go there for a couple drinks and sit at the outside bar.

thanks for input & links I will do a bit more research....I'm sure we will have good day what ever we choose....

Quiet fancy the airport flyer but though rather spend my dollars on good food & drink...lol

I four weeks time I will be there... walking the walk.....can't wait..

Archived