HELP! What are the logistics of a B2B?

The cruise following ours is a 3-day repositioning to Miami. The cost for an inside recently dropped to $99/person. I started running the numbers ... even with an airline change fee this cruise will basically be free!

So how does a B2B work? There will be a cabin change involved (although it's just down the hall). Do you have to pack and disembark ... and then go through re-embarkation?

You'll just have to pack up your things and the stewards will move everything to your new room - leave things on hangers in the closets and they'll take those. They'll have a meeting place for the B2B cruisers, you'll fill out your immigration forms and they'll walk you off and back onto the ship (literally our customs guy said "getting back on huh" to which we replied "yup" and that was it) then walk you all back onto the ship before all the others come on. It was funny to see the people who ~thought~ they were 1st on finding all of us B2B'ers with the prime pool chairs ;)

for $99 - GO FOR IT!

it's easy..they will tell you what to do....varies by port a little..

you probably will have to get off (this is the Grandeur from Panama eh? i looked at that....) but once that's done, you can get back on and enjoy the ship..or hang out around the pier......

B2Bs are FUN! you'll have to pack all the loose stuff, but anything on hangers will be moved by the cabin attendant...you SHOULD be allowed right back in the cabin....just tell the person (if it's a different one) that you're a b2b and they will move your stuff and maybe do that cabin early.

you should call the B2B/consecutive cruise desk and have them linked..(the 2 ressies) though you won't be able to access anything on line except the Check In (and sometimes you have to NOT sign in to your my cruises account for that...)

it's fun....great deal....i couldn't find decent air to Panama City and wasn't thrilled with a long bus ride, but i looked into those 2 cruises.....

enjoy!!

Excellent deal.

Is turn around day in Colon? If so, it may be different from the US procedure...In Europe, we did not have to get off the ship at all on turnaround day, but in the US we did, just as described by Beth C. If it Colon, I do not know if the authorities will want to visit with you or not...either way the staff will guide you through it. have a great time.

Yes it's the Grandeur. And the two cabins are both port side ... on either side of the stairwell, so they're really close.

I'm thinking this betters our chances of getting to visit the locks. We're really not sure if we'll be able to squeeze it in pre-cruise. But we should be able to manage it on turnaround day.

Yes it's the Grandeur. And the two cabins are both port side ... on either side of the stairwell, so they're really close.

I'm thinking this betters our chances of getting to visit the locks. We're really not sure if we'll be able to squeeze it in pre-cruise. But we should be able to manage it on turnaround day.

maybe they have an excursion? it was really awesome.....we called in Colon on SR i think (or maybe JW--) it was cool..now i really want to go through the canal.....

Archived