Denali Shuttle bus buy 2 get 3rd free

JJPacer

We just reserved seats for 3 days in a row on the Wonder Lake shuttle bus, hoping to increase our chances of good weather and seeing Mt. McKinley. I understand the chances are low. We have no intention of riding to Wonder Lake 3 days in a row.

What would happen if we did not go on the bus one day? Should we tell the ticket agent we aren't using our seats that day and they can allow someone else to purchase our seats? We will use one day to go to Wonder Lake, and Eilsen. Depending on the weather, we'd take the shuttle and stop along the road to hike at various points that look interesting. We may use the tickets all 3 days or we may use them for just 2 days.

We were just wondering what we should do if we don't use the tickets for the 3rd day. Andy advise?

We just reserved seats for 3 days in a row on the Wonder Lake shuttle bus, hoping to increase our chances of good weather and seeing Mt. McKinley. I understand the chances are low. We have no intention of riding to Wonder Lake 3 days in a row.

What would happen if we did not go on the bus one day? Should we tell the ticket agent we aren't using our seats that day and they can allow someone else to purchase our seats? We will use one day to go to Wonder Lake, and Eilsen. Depending on the weather, we'd take the shuttle and stop along the road to hike at various points that look interesting. We may use the tickets all 3 days or we may use them for just 2 days.

We were just wondering what we should do if we don't use the tickets for the 3rd day. Andy advise?

You are right that the chances are low that you will see Mt. McKinley. I think the chance is about 30%. Don't lose hope though....we saw the mountain all 6 days we were there last year. Since I don't know the time of year you are going I can't advise as to the weather. The bus ride is amazing through the park but you are right about not wanting to do it 3 days in a row. Unfortunately it can be beautifully clear where you are and then when you get to the lake you will see the mountain totally covered in clouds. You just have to gamble. I hope you have a wonderful time.

Archived