Carnival Dream - Favorite part of ship

Amanda1978

I love the pictures. They are giving me a clear picture of what this ship is like. Keep it comming.

Thank's for letting me know about the Lanai hot tubs. I think we will checkout the serenity it the other arefull.

There are hot tubs in the Serenity area, and we had better luck finding an empty one there than on the Lanai:

6009600021_24022ef0cc_z.jpg

5853302417_ca5b6e137b_z.jpg

But the ones on Lanai are pretty cool if you can find an empty one:

5876921681_55cbc14804_z.jpg

Water slides were fun too:

5911967837_4264cb90f3_z.jpg

And after all that activity, you need to have a relaxing dinner at the Steakhouse:

5890521017_3dea76f77a_z.jpg

The Dream has definitely been my favorite ship & my favorite 2 cruises! I did reviews for both trips; the links are in my signature. The waterslides are so much fun!!! and despite popular opinion, the waterslides are not for kids only. Adults can use them too. Tons of food options for lunch, which kept the lines super short. The evening shows are awesome! ...mainly their 3 major productions shows on nights 2, 4, & 6. "Dancing in the Streets" will be packed out for sure.

BlackJack Band does a great job in the oceans plaza on deck 5. They play good music & interact with the people. They're very friendly, always willing to talk with the guests, even during their breaks. They, and other entertainers like them, are truly the heart and soul of Carnival. One of the members, Jimmy, will be playing fiddle in the country production show. If you're sailing in August, they should be off their vacation by then. Hopefully!

Pasta Bar located on Deck 11 aft. It's only open for lunch (12-4) and is free.

Not sure of the exact hours it's open for food, but you can always go up there and hang out! My family and I played cards all hours of the night up there and it was great! It was just us - so awesome!

6341086089_54ccb145e8_z.jpg

I loved the Dream!

The things I enjoyed:

BBQ on the Lanai! Don't miss it the food is great. They had the best chicken tacos/quesadillas I've ever had!

Cloud 9 spa amenities. Take the spa tour and check it out. It's well worth the money!

The decor is very beautiful!

We enjoyed the shows.

We had Pedro & Santa in the Scarlet dining room. They were amazing.

We had a good experience with room service. The grilled cheese was hot and it came with chips and a pickle.

The turkey on a country roll from the deli was also very good.

The bad:

The burrito bar. It was the worst quality food I've ever eaten :(

The scrambled eggs on the buffet. They were a runny/cardboard consistency. I've read the made to order omelets are better.

I had a Southwestern burger or something in the MDR for lunch one day. It was the weirdest thing I've ever tasted. It was supposed to be beef but it had a weird consistency and tasted like sausage. It came with sauteed onions and guacamole.

Massages. We paid $270 for a couples massage and it was horrible. The entire process of paperwork, undressing and dressing and the sales pitch were included in the 50 minutes. The massage was horribly painful and I had to tell the lady not to be so rough. It definitely wasn't relaxing and we continued to be sore for the next few days. After our massage they tried to sell us $300 worth of products that they had written on a post card. It was a pressure sale. We'll never get another massage on any ship because of the experience.

The Dream really is a fabulous ship and the staff is amazing. They're really friendly and they made us laugh on numerous occasions. They really added to our fun experience. :D

Not sure the Serenity area was our favorite. Any time we went up there, loungers and chairs were either occupied by people, or occupied by some book, magazine or towel (AKA chair hogs that get up at 6:00am to later return at 11:00am). This is why we always opted for the lanai.

Archived