Folkestone Marine Park

drscooby74

Anyone been here latly for snorkeling? Coming in for the day in March and was thinking about taking the bus here to do snorkeling. Is this a good place and is it safe for me and my mom to go on our own off the cruise ship? Or is there a snorkeling tour that you feel would be better?

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone been here latly for snorkeling? Coming in for the day in March and was thinking about taking the bus here to do snorkeling. Is this a good place and is it safe for me and my mom to go on our own off the cruise ship? Or is there a snorkeling tour that you feel would be better?

It's been a year, but also located there is the parish church that we are told is one of the oldest in the 'new world" Snorkeling has been great all three times I have been there. Totally safe! :)

• 3 weeks later...

We were there a couple of weeks ago - went by local bus and it was fine - great snorkelling and very easy getting in and out of the water. Changing facilities and lockers available. Have fun!:)

We were there three weeks ago and can say it is very safe with both changing and rinsing-off facilities. Did not take the bus as we had a rental car.

Snorkeling is good with a wide variety of fish and swimming off the beach is also nice for those who don't wish to snorkel.

What company did you rent from, and how was driving on the island? (Trafic ties-ups? Wild drivers?) Thanks!

Archived