Seattle Itinerary Help-Again!!

e050377

My husband wants to head to Everett for the Boeing Tour. I have a whole day planned for this, but don't think it will be an all day thing. Can anyone suggest other things we can do north of Seattle? We already have days planned for Mt. St Helens, Mt. Rainier, and Seattle proper.

You guys have been such a great resource planning this trip!

you could go due west of the plant (on same freeway) follow the signs over to Mukletio ferry and go over to Whidbey island. drive north on island 30 minutes and head over to Ft. Casey state park for great views...museum in lighthouse...and you can drive through Ebey Prairie...and see the blockhouses built in 1850's to protect locals in wars with native americans. then hop over to coupeville and have lunch on the pier.

or you could drive east over to Snohomish and go antique shopping.

or drive north to the Skagit river and drive up to Liberty Pass to see the North Cascades.

or drive north and west to La Conner. cute town for art/shops and quilt museum

middle of tulip country

Another vote for Whidbey Island! f your husband is into old military stuff he'll really enjoy all the guns mounted around Fort Casey. It's quite fascinating. I'm not into old military but even so, I love visiting Fort Casey. The setting is so beautiful. It's a quick and easy ferry ride; maybe 20 minutes.

Avoid rush hour traffic tho; don't be approaching Seattle until 7pm.

http://www.visitwhidbey.com/camp-grounds/Fort-Casey-and-Keystone-State-Parks.html

My husband wants to head to Everett for the Boeing Tour. I have a whole day planned for this, but don't think it will be an all day thing. Can anyone suggest other things we can do north of Seattle? We already have days planned for Mt. St Helens, Mt. Rainier, and Seattle proper.

You guys have been such a great resource planning this trip!

Also at Paine Field, near the Boeing plant, is the Flying Heritage Collection--a bunch of rare and very well-preserved historic aircraft. Paul Allen (the guy who founded Microsoft with Bill Gates) collected most of them, and then put them on public display (sort of like he did with his rock and roll memorabilia at the Experience Music Project). Many are in flying condition--some the only one left in the world that can still fly, and does. You can see historic aircraft many places, but not many where they have to put pads on the floor under the engines to catch the oil leaks, because they're lubed up and ready to go!

Archived