Fictitious Cruisers?

Sbilko

[quote name='jtl513'][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=3]When you said "50,000" I didn't look at those higher. Sorry.[/size][/font]
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=3]firefly333 and LambKnuckles are mostly on the Carnival forum. LK joined 2 years after you!! :eek: She averages more than 42 posts per day. I wonder what she did in life before she dedicated it to CC? :D (firefly333 does a mere 32 per day)[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE][SIZE="3"]Averages can be deceptive for how many posts one can do in a day. One day for the heck of it, I clicked on the screen name of one of our more prolific posters for 'find all posts by....'. That will only show the most recent 250 posts. Looking at #250 (the oldest of those listed) it was dated that day. :eek: I don't know how many actual posts that member did that day, all I know it was over 250. No wonder a post can be answered by several posting about the same time and the hours later one of the prolific posters says the exact same thing. Like a friend says 'it's like there is an echo'. Who can take the time to actually read a thread when you've got to up your post count? :rolleyes: [/SIZE]

[quote name='Mary Ellen'][SIZE=3]No wonder a post can be answered by several posting about the same time and the hours later one of the prolific posters says the exact same thing. [/SIZE][/quote][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=3]That makes it "official". [/SIZE][/FONT]:D

[quote name='Mary Ellen'][SIZE=3]Who can take the time to actually read a thread when you've got to up your post count? :rolleyes: [/SIZE][/quote][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=3]You don't have to read it if all you say is "Welcome to Cruise Critic" [/SIZE][/FONT]:rolleyes:

[quote name='jtl513'][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=3]That makes it "official". [/SIZE][/FONT]:D

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=3]You don't have to read it if all you say is "Welcome to Cruise Critic" [/SIZE][/FONT]:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Oh well, to each his own. Smooth sailing- with chocolate! Some people have respect for standards. Was there anything about the cruise you liked? :eek: YMMV Welcome to CC! You might have better luck in the Ports of Call Forum. Thank you for the review!

(click! One more)

[quote name='jtl513'][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=3]That makes it "official". [/SIZE][/FONT]:D

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=3]You don't have to read it if all you say is "Welcome to Cruise Critic" [/SIZE][/FONT]:rolleyes:[/quote]

Or posts "this should be posted on X board"..........ever notice how many traffic cops there are:D

I love your post:D

[quote name='Seago2']Carnival.... I clicked on one group cruise thread just to prove a point to myself and there it was: an entire post consisting of the word "yep" and 6 inches of graphics.[/quote][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=3]Here's an amazing statistic (IMO). Of the 807,750 members, the top [U]6[/U] account for 1.1% of the 30,779,000 posts!
[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='isujim']Or posts "this should be posted on X board"..........ever notice how many traffic cops there are:D

I love your post:D[/QUOTE]

lol!

"There are many posts that answer this question. I suggest you do a search. Good DAY,Sir!"

(I should know, I've posted in 80,717 of them)

[quote name='jtl513'][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=3]Here's an amazing statistic (IMO). Of the 807,750 members, the top [U]6[/U] account for 1.1% of the 30,779,000 posts! [/SIZE][/FONT]
[/quote]

Well as any good business person knows - 20% of your clients bring you 80% of your revenue (the good ones). I know posters don't bring revenue, but I'm not surprised to see that a small percentage account for a lot and probably help cc justify advertising = after all, the more posts, the more it appeals no?

What an interesting turn this thread has taken.

[quote name='kazu']Well as any good business person knows - 20% of your clients bring you 80% of your revenue (the good ones). I know posters don't bring revenue, but I'm not surprised to see that a small percentage account for a lot and probably help cc justify advertising = after all, the more posts, the more it appeals no?

What an interesting turn this thread has taken.[/QUOTE]

It's going to take a sharp turn south to the float away lounge, methinks....:rolleyes:

We met in our cabin on the PC transit cruise in '08. Great to see you are still cruising. Karen and I enjoyed your company. We tried OC last fall and found the cabin way too small compared to what we had on the Westerdam. We are on her again in April '13 in a cabin right across the hall from the one we had on '08. This cruise is for 30 days and will probably spoil us for anything else in the future.

Anyway it was fun seeing your avatar again. And for others reading this post, he really does look like Sgt. Bilko!!

[quote name='carlo7']We met in our cabin on the PC transit cruise in '08. Great to see you are still cruising. Karen and I enjoyed your company. We tried OC last fall and found the cabin way too small compared to what we had on the Westerdam. We are on her again in April '13 in a cabin right across the hall from the one we had on '08. This cruise is for 30 days and will probably spoil us for anything else in the future.

Anyway it was fun seeing your avatar again. And for others reading this post, he really does look like Sgt. Bilko!![/quote]

Carlo7,

Good to hear from you.:) Yes DW and I are still cruising. Had to cancel same cruise last fall due to medical reasons. We are spending a week in Paris:) and a week in Rome,:) with old friends, prior to sailing on Oct. 15, 2012. Just finishing up another Oil Sands Project.:rolleyes: Company has already assigned me to another project when I return. :eek: They will not let me retire.;)

J & G

[quote name='jtl513'][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=3]Here's an amazing statistic (IMO). Of the 807,750 members, the top [U]6[/U] account for 1.1% of the 30,779,000 posts!
[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Kind of like taxpayers !

What I find amazing is the number of threads started by people in their first few posts and then they never come back. It is almost as if they make up a new name for each post, ya think?

[quote name='jtl513'][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=3]Here's an amazing statistic (IMO). Of the 807,750 members, the top [U]6[/U] account for 1.1% of the 30,779,000 posts!
[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

That IS an amazing statistic.
1.1% of 30,779.000 posts is 338569 posts.
6 people are responsible for nearly 340,000 posts?
WOW!
Makes my post count look like a drop in the bucket. True, I've got a lot of posts ... but that's over 11 years!

I think you run into this quite a bit on Trip Advisor too. The big difference on CC is that some of these trolls, just write comments to get people upset or start a huge thread.. I am often surprised how people can be brought into a discussion (me included) when the other person is just trying to cause a commotion... its like the car accident that you can't turn away from......:)

IMHO......

[quote name='RevNeal']
1.1% of 30,779.000 posts is 338569 posts.
6 people are responsible for nearly 340,000 posts?
[/quote][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=3]Yep. As of a few seconds ago the top 6 posters accounted for 345,872 out of 30,954,683, or 1.117% Click on the link I gave in post #97.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='jtl513'][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=3]Yep. As of a few seconds ago the top 6 posters accounted for 345,872 out of 30,954,683, or 1.117% Click on the link I gave in post #97.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

LOL
Lawsy Mercy!
The top ranking member is LambKnuckles, who joined on August 23, 2007 and has -- ouch -- 69,783 posts as of this instant.

In the 1657 days that LambKnuckles has been a member of Cruise Critic she has averaged 42.11 posts per day ... or 1.75 posts an hour, every hour, 24-hours a day, 7-days a week, with no breaks for eating, sleeping, shopping, driving, flying, cruising, or any other ing verb you can think of.

That's unreal.

I'm on page 3 and am ranked as the 89th most prolific poster on CC.

[quote name='RevNeal']LOL
Lawsy Mercy!
The top ranking member is LambKnuckles, who joined on August 23, 2007 and has -- ouch -- 69,783 posts as of this instant.

In the 1657 days that LambKnuckles has been a member of Cruise Critic she has averaged 42.11 posts per day ... or 1.75 posts an hour, every hour, 24-hours a day, 7-days a week, with no breaks for eating, sleeping, shopping, driving, flying, cruising, or any other ing verb you can think of.

That's unreal.

I'm on page 3 and am ranked as the 89th most prolific poster on CC.[/quote]
I'm on page 77 and proud of it. Just wondering. How do you find your rank?
Terri

LOL

Lawsy Mercy!

That's unreal.

I'm on page 3 and am ranked as the 89th most prolific poster on CC.

Wow. All those posts and I've never heard of LambKnuckles before. Cruise Critic really is a big forum.

Has anyone noticed that for the cruiser "labels" there's an inconsistency. Somehow "Charter Members" seem to all be capped at 5000+ or 10000+ clubs, while others with similar post counts show up at levels representing their actual posts. Any idea why that occurs?

Roy (way down on page 46).

Each page has 60 screen names on it. So, add up all the pages between you and the top, then on the page where you are add just the screen names between you and the first one on your page.

You're 4584th (76 pages x 60 per page + 23 ahead of you on page 77)

Terri

Down at the bottom of a "page" there's a footer with something like "Showing results 1 to 30 of 370754". Within the page, you need to count from the top/bottom of the page to get your actual rank.

Roy aka #1366

Each page has 60 screen names on it. So, add up all the pages between you and the top, then on the page where you are add just the screen names between you and the first one on your page.

You're 4584th (76 pages x 60 per page + 23 ahead of you on page 77)

Thanks Greg,

I have a long way to go. I better start welcoming every new poster to Cruise Critic to up my ranking. :rolleyes:!!!

Has anyone noticed that for the cruiser "labels" there's an inconsistency. Somehow "Charter Members" seem to all be capped at 5000+ or 10000+ clubs, while others with similar post counts show up at levels representing their actual posts. Any idea why that occurs?

I have no idea. Sail7seas is ranked 8th and is listed as a Charter Member - 5,000 Club ... but has 43,961 posts. Whew, that's a lot of posts! But, they're spread out over nearly 12 years.

Archived