Drury Inn - New Orleans

Yvonne

Would love to hear from those who have stayed there prior to your cruise.

Were you able to leave your car there? Is there a shuttle to the cruise port?

We have stayed at Drury in Frankenmuth, Michigan several times and one in Ohio and really love them.

This is a great place to stay. We have been there two times before cruises. Park and cruise isn't avail. right now as they are remodeling. They have a good breakfast and offer a lot for evening snacks. Roof top pool area where you can see the cruise ships ported several blocks away. Our last cab ride to the ship from the Drury was pricy but that was only one year after Katrina. When we drive to New Orleans we park at the terminal for the convenience as we have a long way to drive home. Hope this helps. It is a great motel! :)

This is a great place to stay. We have been there two times before cruises. Park and cruise isn't avail. right now as they are remodeling. They have a good breakfast and offer a lot for evening snacks. Roof top pool area where you can see the cruise ships ported several blocks away. Our last cab ride to the ship from the Drury was pricy but that was only one year after Katrina. When we drive to New Orleans we park at the terminal for the convenience as we have a long way to drive home. Hope this helps. It is a great motel! :)

Thanks for the reply. You said they are remodeling, our cruise isn't for another 11 months so hopefully they will be done with that by then. :)

I did e-mail them, and told them I had read conflicting reports about the parking situation so asked what it really is as some were saying different prices per night and someone said it's free, etc. I also asked about learing our car there during the cruise. So, I'll see what happens. I did check and the terminal charges $16/day to park there, and it's only about 8 blocks from the hotel so we may end up going that route.

we stayed at the drury in jan. very nice hotel. the breakfast was one of the

best i have had in all the hotels i have stayed at. they are doing construction and will be losing their parking so from what i understand they will be offering off site parking at 25.00 a day. we paid 17.00 a day and park

in their lot. we did part at the fulton street garage during the cruise and paid 12.00 a day. they shuttle you and your luggage to the pier.

i would reccomend the drury- the rooms are small but they have high ceilings.

the trolley stops on the side street by the drury- we enjoyed riding the trolley.

Stayed there twice and loved it. If we were going to be cruising out of NO this is where we would stay. Don't know about parking now be we paid 50.00 for the length of the cruise. Taxi fare to port is 7.00/pp. While some people have walked to port, I would never do it. Pulling luggage for that distance over cobble walks (sometimes).

Stayed there in January. Very nice hotel. We arrived in time for the evening food and drink. A wonderful spread. Something for everyone, one alcoholic drink per adult in your room AND no additional cost. Unlimited pop. We had a little bit of a problem finding a table at first. But, then again the Saints were on TV in their play-off game. That may have had something to do with it. It was a blast watching the game with all the enthusiastic people there, plus eating and drinking 'free' to our hearts content.

Our room was very nice. We were on the 9th floor and found out we had a small balcony looking out towards the dock area. We were able to see the stacks on the ships the next morning. The only disadvantage to our location (and it could have been any room in the building) was that we could hear the trolleys coming and going down the road below us. At first we thought it was a large plane flying low. Then we discovered it was just the trolley. Amazing how loud they can sound 9 floors up. Maybe the sound increases as it rises???

Beautiful hotel - enjoy your stay.

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at Drury 5 months ago prior to our cruise and LOVED it. You couldn't beat the price and all the free food and drinks (both soda and alcoholic). The place was very nice and loved the decor. We did have one minor issue and it was corrected right away and we actually got to stay there for free. The management and staff are the absolute best! If we ever go back for a cruise out of NOLA...we will be staying here!

Here's a link to my post about our stay there: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30652757&postcount=2

A link to pictures from our stay there: http://kimbakersphotography.smugmug.com/Other/Drury-Inn-New-Orleans/19111911_TXrF6s#!i=1487787780&k=N5sNpbP

Around NOLA: http://kimbakersphotography.smugmug.com/Other/New-Orleans/19110874_M46zSr#!i=1487675873&k=wwHtmfH

Archived