Epic: Almost Sold out, Do I Need to Make Dinner Reservations Now?

Huddler

We are going on the Epic March 31st and it is nearly sold out. We typically like to eat at a couple of specialty restraunts while on a cruise. I have always made all my reservations while onboard with no problem. But with this many pax onboard, I am concerned that I should make my dinner reservations NOW! Has anyone had issues being able to get reservations on Epic if they wait to book them onboard when the ship was full? Thanks in advance!

I sailed Epic last April and over New Year's Eve. April sailing had 4000 pax; NYE sailing had 4800 pax. April sailing had no issues making/changing reservations; NYE sailing was tough to get a reservation before 9 if you could even get a reservation. Make your reservations now!

Make them now for the restaurants and shows that you don't want to miss. The restaurants that are tough to get for prime time are: Teppanyaki, Moderno, Cagney's , LeBistro, and La Cucina (and really tough to get on dress up or not nights). Shows which sell out are Blue Man, Cirque, and Second City. If you are interested in those shows and restaurants.

Thanks for the reply's and I will be making my reservations today. We have cruised dozens of times, but this is only our 2nd NCL cruise (The first being a Baltic cruise last summer on the Sun). We really liked Le Bistro on the Sun and will book it now. We also want to see Cirque and Blue Man Group. I cant decide what other specialty restraunts to book. Thinking about Cagneys and Teppanaki.

I booked Cagney's and Teppanyaki for my March 24th sailing. I am trying to get in to book Le Bistro now and keep getting an error. Their website needs some help! :rolleyes:

I agree to make them in advance! We leave on 2/25 and I've been trying to make a few last minute reservations and I keep getting an error too. I was wondering if it was because it's too close to sail date? Very frustrating, but our sailing still has lots of availability so I'm not worried about making reservations once onboard.

The website still has bugs plus it is not a true representation of what is available on the the Epic. NCL only releases a certain number of reservations for a restaurant or show to the website. The rest have to be made on board. You could imagine the upset people if they allowed all the bookings to be made online. Some people would show up at the ship and every single reservation would be booked and probably be their last NCL cruise.

Archived