Disgusting experience!!!!!

smallperson

O.P. you found Cruise Critic back in 2008 and did not use it till it's time to complain ?? Looking at your roll-call you missed out on a lot more than a cruise your C.C. roll-call group is Rockin .

i was part of CC for this week and yes we were rockin, we had a great group too bad she missed the boat but come on everyone in the south knows about Mardi Gras. not sure if anyone has asked this but did she call the ship or NCL about being stuck in traffic? they may have waited for them you never know unless you ask. trust me i would have found some kind of way! but then again look on the brighter side of things, all the money you saved for your next cruise.

inot sure if anyone has asked this but did she call the ship or NCL about being stuck in traffic? they may have waited for them you never know unless you ask. trust me i would have found some kind of way! but then again look on the brighter side of things, all the money you saved for your next cruise.

It wouldn't have did any good to ask, others have asked other questions. In 10 days and 21 pages the OP has never returned.

We live fairly close the the Manhattan terminal and we always check for any events or parades or street fairs (NYC has plenty of them) that we may want to avoid.

I would think Mardi Gras would raise a big flag!

I understand the OPs frustration but I don't think NCL is at fault.

Hi There Can you please provide me with the site you check for Manhatten Terminal and NYC activites. We don't want to miss our ship either :D Thank You ~NE Nana

i was part of CC for this week and yes we were rockin, we had a great group too bad she missed the boat but come on everyone in the south knows about Mardi Gras. not sure if anyone has asked this but did she call the ship or NCL about being stuck in traffic? they may have waited for them you never know unless you ask. trust me i would have found some kind of way! but then again look on the brighter side of things, all the money you saved for your next cruise.

On her other short-lived post, she said she was constantly on the phone with NCL.

Sorry to hear you missed the boat. That's the reason I always arrived at least the day before. Things happen, but I'm not sure that you have any sort of recourse against NCL. NCL isn't responsible for Mardi Gras or traffic issues.

That would be so horrible! Luckily I live close to port so it isnt as much of a problem.

-KD

Well actually in this case, this may have not been possible physically or financially.

From my understanding it is nearly impossible to get a room the Saturday night before Mardi Gras and the prices are through the roof (meaning it would not be just a few bucks).

Che, no one in their right mind books a cruise out of NOLA in February at Mardi Gras time without having plane fare.

Hi There Can you please provide me with the site you check for Manhatten Terminal and NYC activites. We don't want to miss our ship either :D Thank You ~NE Nana

Hello neighbor!!! LOVE the town you live in ~ simply breathtaking.

Now, back to your question... I cannot locate a site specific to the cruise terminal, but this site: http://www.nycgo.com/events

will let you search a date range and bring up everything taking place during that timeframe. Hope that helps! ;)

Is there a rule of 400?

I know it's disgusting to experience but I figured 'oh what the hey!'.

A note to fellows travelling out of NYC on March 17th. There will be a parade and they make a big deal about it. Allow for traffic!

and NO they aren't wearing underwear! :eek:

I know you are upset about missing your cruise, but please don't blame NCL ! It was Mardi Gras and living right there in Mississippi, you really should know that it was Mardi Gras. I was on that cruise and we left a half hour later than it stated, to allow more time for people that were in traffic. I was not upset at all about that. Actually, I thought that was really considerate of them for doing that. I live only a couple of hours from New Orleans and I still went a day early, not to miss the ship. I always fear of a Plane delay when I cruise from another port, so I always go a day early. I understand the disappointed, but I really don't think you are blaming the right party. :o

Is there a rule of 400?

I know it's disgusting to experience but I figured 'oh what the hey!'.

A note to fellows travelling out of NYC on March 17th. There will be a parade and they make a big deal about it. Allow for traffic!

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGG stop lol I am roflmaoooooooooooooooooooo:D

Sorry to hear you missed the boat. That's the reason I always arrived at least the day before. Things happen, but I'm not sure that you have any sort of recourse against NCL. NCL isn't responsible for Mardi Gras or traffic issues.

That sentiment was expressed numerous times over the last 21 pages. Did you just read the first post and hit reply?

:rolleyes:

ya know folks, if we stop posting on this thread it will eventually go away :)

Archived