Help! Problems with excursions - Journey 17 July 2012

almostnewtocruise

Alas - again I need help from somebody who is in a position to contact Azamara shorex dept.. and draw their attention to (a very probable) error of theirs regarding some of the tours offered for our cruise.

The cruise in question is the Norwegian Fjords on July 17 2012 on the Journey.

The "problematic" day is the 22 of July.

According to our itinerary the Journey arrives to Molde ( for the second time on this cruise) on Saturday the 21st at 5.30 PM and stays there until 2 am (that's - of course - already Sunday).

Then she sails to Geiranger and arrives there on the 22 at half past noon.

And indeed there are 5 excursions offered for Geiranger for the 22nd - all of them starting around 1 P.M...

So far so good..

BUT..

There are also 3 excursions offered from MOLDE on the same 22nd. - all of them starting around 9 am.. The same Molde that has been put behind us at 2 am! :confused:

Even Azamara cannot be in 2 places at the same time..

So either there is something very wrong with the itinerary - or there are mistakes regarding the dates and times of the shore excursions as announced on the website.

The simplest explanation would be that the excursions for Molde "belong" to a different day - like maybe the 20 of July. But even this cannot be true as - on that day - we arrive there only at 10.30 AM - while the excursions are supposed to begin around 9 AM!

All this looks a little "messy".. I do hope somebody will take notice and clear it up soon.

I really look forward to book some of these excursions!

again - TIA

Miriam

In addition to the inconsistency in Molde that Miriam pointed out above, there is also one excursion in Flam that makes me scratch my head.

The ship is scheduled to be in Flam between 10:30AM to 7PM. The excursion "Overland to Voss, Tvinde & Stalheim" is scheduled to start at 1PM for 7 hours. Well, that means getting back to the ship at 8PM which is after the ship's departure.

I am assuming that the start time is incorrect and that excursion will be leaving earlier so as to get back to ship before she sails.

Don't want to hi-jack the thread since this one is minor inaccuracy compared to 7/22 Molde excursion offerings. However, if someone is looking into the excursions of this cruise, perhaps they can look into this as well?

Thanks.

Hi Everyone,

Another CC member pointed this out, on another thread. I've already contacted Claudius, Azamara's Deployment Manager, to see what's up. I'm also asking Azamara's Shorex Mananger. As it's a Holiday, I may not have an answer for another day or two. Stay Tuned !

Andy and everybody

Since your mail I've been watching our excursions closely and - just as I've begun wondering why they are not at least taken off the site - Lo and Behold!

This morning, after they became "non available" for a very short time (noticed probably only by those who live in different time zones, like moi :)), they have reappeared again ...

The same excursions but on different dates - no more need to be in 2 places at the same time!

Even the "small glitch" that mom&me mentioned got a more suitable departure time.

On first glance it all looks fine..

So thanks Andy for the intervention!

Miriam

Hello Miriam, Mom&me and Elbon -

Thanks to Andy's intervention with our shore excursion team, I'm now able to share with you the accurate information that I received on Friday about the Azamara Journey's 11 night "Jazz in the Norwegian Fjords," July 17 - 28, 2012 voyage:

Molde, 20 July / Friday

The Molde tours that were scheduled originally for July 22 have been moved to this day (as Miriam suggested):

 Atlantic Ocean Road & Fishing Village

 Haholmen VikingAdvenutre with Lunch

 Hiking Mt. Varden

Note: The Folk Museum tour will not be offered because it will be closed on Friday the 20th.

Molde, 21 July / Saturday

 No tours will be offered this day in Molde; however, for those guests who want to explore Molde on their own, they may remain in Molde for the day until the ship returns at 5:30 PM from Andalsnes.

 Please note that at this time, the Molde Jazz Festival concerts scheduled for the 21st will not be announced until the latter part of April.

Flaam, 23 July / Monday

 The "Overland to Voss, Tvinde & Stalheim" tour will begin at 11:00AM and return in enough time for guests to get back onboard before sailing at 07:00PM.

In addition to the above, we have also enhanced our Land Discoveries program for our planned call to Andalsnes on 21 July / Saturday. Here we will also offer three tours:

 Path of the Trolls

 Romsdalen Valley & Troll Wall

 Trollstigen & Norway's Unique Nature

I'm sorry for the confusion and appreciate your patience while we corrected the information on our website.

Thanks for your loyalty to Azamara and our best wishes for a wonderful cruise vacation!

Skål

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Archived