Help!!! Did I Make A Mistake?

GTO-Girl

Just switched from a Deluxe Oceanview to a Cove Balcony for only $80 total (which I think was a good deal). We have never had a Cove and have always wanted to try it......but after looking at the deck plan it shows us to be under the galley..

We will be in Room 2354.......please tell me we will be okay and that I haven't made a mistake!!! :eek:

Just switched from a Deluxe Oceanview to a Cove Balcony for only $80 total (which I think was a good deal). We have never had a Cove and have always wanted to try it......but after looking at the deck plan it shows us to be under the galley..

We will be in Room 2354.......please tell me we will be okay and that I haven't made a mistake!!! :eek:

Uh oh!

You can always select a different Cove balcony number, if you're concerned about noises coming from the galley.

But I would've selected a cove over an oceanview as well, specially with the minimal price difference.

I was under the galley on another ship (the Destiny), and it was fine. We were in an interior, but the noises we heard at night was coming from the other side of the back wall of our cabin where there was crew area. It wasn't that bad, but did wake us a few times in the night.

I would love to have a cove balcony. Enjoy your cruise.

We just got off the Valor two days ago and were under the Galley. We didn't hear anything. We might have just been lucky, but I came prepared with ear plugs in case we needed them at night. Do a search for your particular cabin number and see if you hear any complaints about it. Good luck.

I wish I could make you feel better! I think being under the galley will be noisy but ear plugs comes to mind.

I changed our cabin 3 times and now I am worried we are going to get sea sick being in an aft cabin so I am now worrying about sea sickness meds:(

Maybe everyone second guesses their choices unless it is a cabin they have had before on the same ship/class of ship..that is what I am beginning to think.

Good job!! $80 total is a great deal!

Have no fear about the location. We had a Cove under the galley and the only time we heard any noise was overnight when we encountered 30 foot seas. A few dish carts tumbled over shattering dishes directly overhead!

Unless you run into a similar situation I'm sure you'll be fine...

:)

We were in room 2397 on the magic, which is under the galley. Very, and I mean very seldom did we hear anything. The odd time you might hear a bang as if they dropped something heavy. We actually heard more noise from people in the hallway and our next door neighbors letting the balcony door slam.

I would say you should be fine, and enjoy your trip.

Have no fear about the location. We had a Cove under the galley and the only time we heard any noise was overnight when we encountered 30 foot seas. A few dish carts tumbled over shattering dishes directly overhead!

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

We are very much looking forward to trying the Cove and it sounds like we have nothing to fear........:D

30 foot seas in a cove balcony? I would love to see video or pics of that!

We sailed in #2374 a couple of years ago, right down the hall from where you will be. We did hear some noise, but it wasn't overly noisy and didn't really bother us much. It sounded like some kind of cart being rolled back and forth overhead. I'm a fairly light sleeper and the noise didn't bother me at all. The rolling sound was much less frequent late at night anyway.

Don't worry! You will love the cove, the ocean view is absolutely amazing.

Archived