Epic...Mid ship Balcony vs Mini Suite

Lambo62

So here is my delima, perhaps someone that has been on the Epic before can advise me. We are booked on a midship balcony stateroom for a Mediterranean cruise next June (our first cruise). Current room is on level 12. My TA just called and said we could go to a mini suite for $240 less, but it would be level 9 instead.

Thoughts?

I actually told her no, we will stay on level 12, but now i am thinking $240 could buy us an excursion or something. Is going down to level 9 such a bad thing?

I haven't actually been on the Epic yet, but from what I understand is that some cabins on deck 9 have obstructed views due to lifeboats. If you can get the cabin # you can reference the deck plans to see its location. BUT less money for a bigger cabin, hard decision to make even with a bad view (just of the ocean really).

Oh and also maybe an uncovered balcony, not sure if deck 9 cabins have these. This may or may not be a bad thing for you though, just generally not very private.

There is a frequnt poster on these boards that has a link in his siggy re:cabins with obstructed views, hull balconies and uncovered balconies. The name escapes me but maybe someone can chime in and let you know.

There is a frequnt poster on these boards that has a link in his siggy re:cabins with obstructed views, hull balconies and uncovered balconies. The name escapes me but maybe someone can chime in and let you know.

I believe you mean "sdmike", and I have read and reread his informative posts on the Epic :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1522322

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1523109

Unless you have a B6 balcony my choice would be the mid-ship mini if it is an MC. The extra space and bed near the balcony would be worth it to me. Last year we had a B6 balcony which was nice but we didn't use all that much, this year we are in an MC on Deck 9. The MD has the balcony near the door/bathroom which I thought was awkward. I don't think any of the mini's are in the uncovered area on deck 9.

Archived