Diamond boarding Singapore

golferdog

I know we'll be leaving from the container ship area because of the Diamonds size, but I read somewhere that we were to report to the International cruise center first and then be shuttled to the container port for embarkation. Seems a little odd to me, does anyone have the straight scoop on this? Can we not just taxi from our hotel to the ship? Thanks for the help

I know we'll be leaving from the container ship area because of the Diamonds size, but I read somewhere that we were to report to the International cruise center first and then be shuttled to the container port for embarkation. Seems a little odd to me, does anyone have the straight scoop on this? Can we not just taxi from our hotel to the ship? Thanks for the help

It is about a 40 minute ride from the cruise center in town to the ship. Princess does not charge for that bus ride.

A 40 minute taxi ride will probably be a good chunk of change.

The Container Port is huge and has restricted access. Therefore you have to register for your cruise at another location and be shuttled to the ship. For our 15 April departure on the Diamond Princess, we have to go to the Marina Sands Convention Centre first.

Check the Important Notices at the end of the Itinerary Section in your Cruise Personaliser on the Princess website. This should have instructions about embarkation for your particular cruise.

Our Nov boarding was also from Marina Bay Sands and boarding was staggered by deck with priority boarding for elite, disabled etc..

Pretty big operation moving 2,500+ passengers by bus - would have to be at least 60 + trips to move everyone and takes most of most of the day to complete - I think last passengers were on board by around 4:00pm or later.

Luggage check in & completion of health form etc were done at Marina Bay and final check in (incl hand over of passports an issue of cruise card) are done dockside under a marque.

There has been a couple of threads on this recently.

How about people that are doing the three day precruise with Princess

and staying at the Fairmont Hotel. Are we also having to be bussed to Marina Sands. I thought we would be able to be bussed directly to the port. My cruise personalizer does say the Marina Sands for check in.

How about people that are doing the three day precruise with Princess

and staying at the Fairmont Hotel. Are we also having to be bussed to Marina Sands. I thought we would be able to be bussed directly to the port. My cruise personalizer does say the Marina Sands for check in.

Gloria, why do you always worry so much? Our checkin will be at the hotel the night before; very easy. Just stay with me and stop stressing. :D

In November we checked in at Marina Sands convention centre. After dropping bags , well the bags were wisked away as soon as we arrived at the centre ( by taxi) by very efficient staff. We then checked in and received a bus boarding number. Shortly after (around 20 min) we received our call and were placed on a bus and taken to a hugh Container port and droped at the ships side, After leaving the bus we were given our cruise cards, by staff, on the dock and then went aboard. Our bags were in our cabins on arrival. Private vehicles cannot enter the container port and the ship is several miles from the entry point of the terminal. The check in /bus trip went very smoothly.

Suggestion get there early and drop bags off and wander around the below ground levels at Marina Bay for some lunch, then check in at your appointed time.

Archived