OBC when you move up a level with NCL ?

I have read on the boards that when loyal customers of NCL have moved up a level they automatically receive a nice amount of OBC on their next cruise. Can anyone please confirm this for me? Thanks.

This used to be the case with the older version of the program... Not certain if it still exists. Perhaps someone who has achieved a new status after 12/5/2011 and booked a new cruise could elaborate?

Didn't see any Latitudes OBC when I just booked my cruise for 2014. Moved from Bronze to Silver on our 1/29/2012 Star cruise and booked the Gem cruise when I got home. Got the reservation via email from our PCC at NCL with no mention of OBC so I called and suddenly there was $75.00.

My Bermuda trip was a Lat. sailing and came with a $150 OBC. We will also get an extra 7 points for booking a lat. trip. We could combine it with our other OBC.

Wish I could say they replaced it with something...but you will now get a ship pin:rolleyes:

The OBC for tier graduation is still on ncl.com under "Terms and Conditions" for Latitudes Rewards, but I haven't heard of anyone getting an OBC for this recently. I couldn't get it when I booked recently. My PCC didn't even know what I was talking about. They should change their website if this OBC is no longer available.

The graduation OBC was still available mid-December, after the roll-out of the new program. There is a time limit you have to make a booking and apply it within (60 days I think) but the "coupon" was on my file. As I was booking in Canadian they had to do a bit of work to apply it, as it only showed in the US system. Give them a call and ask.

Just returned from Western Carib Pearl cruise on Sunday. Tuesday received an email confirming my elevation to Silver status with the following included in the email: "We're pleased to share your first reward as a Silver tier member, an onboard credit†, to redeem for your next sailing of 6 days or longer" followed by the list of OBC values from $25 to $250 depending on cabin category. Looks like you have to book within 60 days of receipt of the email though per the terms and conditions, so not sure I'll be able to use it.

P.S. --- The "†" note says "If you are booking your cruise with a travel agent, please provide your Latitudes Rewards number and have the travel agent call Norwegian Cruise Line to apply the coupon to your reservation. If you are booking your cruise online, please call Norwegian Cruise Line with your Latitudes Rewards number for an agent to apply the coupon to your reservation. IMPORTANT: The coupon will not be valid unless it is applied to your reservation by your travel agent or a Norwegian Cruise Line agent prior to your cruise."

Didn't see any Latitudes OBC when I just booked my cruise for 2014. Moved from Bronze to Silver on our 1/29/2012 Star cruise and booked the Gem cruise when I got home. Got the reservation via email from our PCC at NCL with no mention of OBC so I called and suddenly there was $75.00.

The OBC for tier graduation is still on ncl.com under "Terms and Conditions" for Latitudes Rewards, but I haven't heard of anyone getting an OBC for this recently. I couldn't get it when I booked recently. My PCC didn't even know what I was talking about. They should change their website if this OBC is no longer available.

You may want to read the posts before you.....how do you think it was suddenly there? They do still offer it but you only have 60 days from the cruise that moved you up (not a move up due to the new program changes)to book a new cruise and have the OBC applied. You have to tell them to look in your Latitude account and they should be able to see it. Not sure how many days after your cruise it appears in your account.

Just returned from Western Carib Pearl cruise on Sunday. Tuesday received an email confirming my elevation to Silver status with the following included in the email: "We're pleased to share your first reward as a Silver tier member, an onboard credit†, to redeem for your next sailing of 6 days or longer" followed by the list of OBC values from $25 to $250 depending on cabin category. Looks like you have to book within 60 days of receipt of the email though per the terms and conditions, so not sure I'll be able to use it.

P.S. --- The "†" note says "If you are booking your cruise with a travel agent, please provide your Latitudes Rewards number and have the travel agent call Norwegian Cruise Line to apply the coupon to your reservation. If you are booking your cruise online, please call Norwegian Cruise Line with your Latitudes Rewards number for an agent to apply the coupon to your reservation. IMPORTANT: The coupon will not be valid unless it is applied to your reservation by your travel agent or a Norwegian Cruise Line agent prior to your cruise."

While the cruise must be booked within 60 days, you do not have to cruise that soon. If you bought a FCC while onboard you can book with that (or pay the deposit) and have the OBC applied within the 60 days and cruise next year or whenever they have cruises available to book now. I booked my 12/2/12 cruise in Jan 2011 and applied my Silver move up OBC to it. When you plan to apply this OBC, you must make sure your TA or PCC makes the person who has the OBC available the first person on the booking and use their Latitude number on the booking. It will not show up that another person on the reservation has anything available. HTH

You may want to read the posts before you.....how do you think it was suddenly there? They do still offer it but you only have 60 days from the cruise that moved you up (not a move up due to the new program changes)to book a new cruise and have the OBC applied. You have to tell them to look in your Latitude account and they should be able to see it. Not sure how many days after your cruise it appears in your account.

It appeared in the next reservation the PCC sent me (probably shouldn't have said suddenly although unless I said something I never would have gotten it). I will have to look for that email because I think I remember getting one. Now since my husband moved up also would we each get OBC?

It appeared in the next reservation the PCC sent me (probably shouldn't have said suddenly although unless I said something I never would have gotten it). I will have to look for that email because I think I remember getting one. Now since my husband moved up also would we each get OBC?

Yes, if you both moved up you both get it but only one can be used on the same cruise. I booked Oct 2011 with mine, with me listed first on the booking, and booked with DH's with him first for Dec 2012.

Yes, if you both moved up you both get it but only one can be used on the same cruise. I booked Oct 2011 with mine, with me listed first on the booking, and booked with DH's with him first for Dec 2012.

Thanks so it looks like we were given everything we should have been (after I called the PCC back). Not real thrilled with this new PCC that was assigned to us. Got a card yesterday thanking us for booking another cruise with NCL addressed to John and Lisa. My name is Kathy. DH had some splaining to do.

Here is a link to the page on the NCL site explaining the OBC.

http://www2.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards/terms-and-conditions

We had a cruise already booked back in December for next December and our TA called NCL and got this applied to our cruise under my husband. Looking for one to use mine on.

ChiCruzr - Would you mind posting the e-mail you received from NCL. We also moved from bronze to silver after our last cruise (1/22/2012) but did not received an e-mail from NCL and we have already booked another cruise. We booked with a TA so I am trying to get them to talk to NCL about giving us the OBC from moving up to another tier.

Thanks,

JM

I got in touch with NCL and inquired about my OBC for moving up a tier from gold to platinum. Well the final outcome was only $25 ! I feel as though it should have been a much larger amount. (The $25 is the minimum amount that every latitudes member is entitled to on a monthly basis) I plan on calling them back as I didnt receive the OBC for moving up a level (which is still listed on the website).

I got in touch with NCL and inquired about my OBC for moving up a tier from gold to platinum. Well the final outcome was only $25 ! I feel as though it should have been a much larger amount. (The $25 is the minimum amount that every latitudes member is entitled to on a monthly basis) I plan on calling them back as I didnt receive the OBC for moving up a level (which is still listed on the website).

The only way Latitude members get OBC is by booking the Latitude Insider Promo of the month or the "Move Up" OBC when you change tiers. There is no "minimum every Latitude member is entitled to on a monthly basis." Either one of these OBC's are based on the category cabin/suite you book on the cruise you receive the OBC. That $25 would be $150 if you were booking a suite.....why do you expect to get more OBC than the category you are willing to pay for.

JM, here is a "cleaned up" copy of the email (took out my name, latitudes # and PCC name/extension). The rest is verbatim.

Thanks for posting this. Our TA is currently working with NCL trying to get us the additional OBC. According to NCL, the promo code that our TA used for the booking cannot be combined with the OBC from moving up a tier.

• 3 months later...

I'm trying to find out also. Cruise that ended June 3 moved us up to Platinum. NCL says they see we moved up but the coupon isn't in our account yet, as they are behind.I want to book, but I want to make sure I get the OBC too!

Has anyone gotten an email recently regarding a tier move and OBC? If so, how long after the cruise that moved you up? TIA.:)

Archived