Cozumel with boys 4, 9 and 11. Dolphins or Paradise Beach?

cwnhokie

You all are so full of info and insight so I figured I would ask your advice. We will be in Cozumel from 9-6 with our boys ages 4, 9 and 11, my husband and I and my inlaws. Grandma has some mobility issues with pain in her hips and knees so needs to walk cautiously.

My 9 year old loves animals and would love the dolphin swim.

I made the mistake of showing the 11 year old the pictures of Paradise Beach and he wants to do that. Says he has no interest in kissing a dolphin, says he has a hard enough time kissing the dog. He's on the small side though and I wonder if he will even be able to climb a lot of the water toys anyway.

The little guy is pretty used to going along with whatever the rest of us decide to do and the grandparents will do whatever so long as Grandma can get around (and she'll almost kill herself trying to keep up with whatever we do so she doesn't miss anything)

I think both boys could be pretty easily persuaded either way. Any thoughts or recommendations?

We took our 14, 8 & 5 year olds to Dolphinaris in Cozumel last summer. The 14 had the initial reaction as your oldest, he wanted to scuba dive not hang with dolphins. He had a great time with the dolphin--huge smile on his face in the pics!

The 8 y/o is also an animal lover and had an awesome time.

The 5 y/o was scared whenever we had to swim out in the water, though. He thought the life jacket was trying to choke him. LOL! The dolphin trainer was sweet and let him cling onto me while we rode the dolphin together. He thought that was great, and it made up for the choking life jacket!

Paradise Beach is nice, but it's just a beach; when are you going to have another opportunity to swim with the dolphins? :confused:

It's not cheap, but it was a once in a lifetime experience for my kids. Good luck! :)

Archived