Adventure of the Seas Aft Junior Suites

sbfanatic

I also just booked an aft junior suite connecting to a balcony on Adventure of the Seas... on deck 10 (1694 and 1692). Any info would be great... I've seen some pictures and am pretty sure I'll LOVE that deep balcony!

We're on the southern caribbean itinerary with Aruba next March- I haven't cruised RCCL very much (one 3 day on Majesty, one 2 day on Navigator), so I'd love to hear input on the rooms and the route and the line!

We have had aft JS on Navigator and Independence. Balconies are definitely bigger but there are two negatives: 1) You are really quite a distance in from the actual rear of the ship so you can't come near to seeing 'down' into the wake. 2) There's a lot of steel structure crossing your view - you end up looking through various steel beams. There are fewer beams on 10 than there are on 7 but the balconies on 10 are more like caves - the balconies on 7 have more area open to the sun. All this being said, we still like aft JS - but the best aft JS balconies are on Radiance class.

I was just in 7394 deck 7 aft. we loved the size of the balcony and the beams weren't an issue either.You can't look right down an see water but you look straight out the back and see everything.You see everything to the left and right on aft. being on the side you only see that side.

Great link you'll see everything you need to decide.

http://www.voyager-class.com/pictures/cabins/aftbalconies/aftbalconies.html

Phill635, Thanks for the link. We are also staying in 7394 and loved the pictures. It's nice to see the actual cabin you'll be staying in. Do you have any suggestions for hotels for a pre cruise stay?

depends on how many nights, what you want to do, etc...

the San Juan Marriott resort is lovely...the Conrad isn't bad...VERY small beach there...

if you JUST want to crash, the Sheraton Convention Center is VERY nice, BUT there isn't anything over there really...HOWEVER the pool is lovely, the rooms were nice and clean, very comfy, and the staff was great...again, there's NOTHING over there, but if you were JUST sleeping it would be fine...you're pretty much stuck eating there or cabbing to old san juan...

The Sheraton Old San Juan is a good choice too..not near the beach per se, but walkable to lots of things...

There is a Courtyard by Marriott in Isla Verde with a decent beach, but it is right near the airport and it can get noisy....

those are just a few...Many like the Caribe Hilton and Intercontinental too

also try the Ports of call board...caribbean....and then San Juan....

I just posted pics from our Aft JS on Liberty 7414 on this thread... Adventure should be fairly similar

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1579339

Thanks for sharing those pictures - we are booked in a JS on the Adventure and were considering an Aft JS – but when I called Royal the gal there said the balconies are the same size as other JS – I knew I should have check on here first. Oh well, live and learn, next time we’ll go for the Aft JS.

My sister was worried that it would be more noisy from the “water tail” and be a little scary at night – anyone ever feel that way or notice that?

We were just in 7690 aft balcony cabin-on Adventure 2/5 love it-we always get the aft middle cabin-just booked on board for Brilliance for next February

We stayed at the Sheraton Old San Juan-I got it on Priceline for $80.00 and it was great-nice old hotel but the location is the best-walked for hours on Saturday night with so much going on in the park and all over Old San Juan-same on Sunday for breakfast-so nice

it was a great time!

Love it at night not scary at all and no noise---that is one of the reasons we like it

Sorry no pictures

My sister was worried that it would be more noisy from the “water tail” and be a little scary at night – anyone ever feel that way or notice that?

I think you mean the wake of the ship....personally I LOVE the sound and view back there....simply breathtaking!:)

We just got in from AOS this past Sunday. We had a Jr. Suite Aft 7694. First, the good. The Jr. Suite was a lovely change from the D1s that we had been sailing in. My husband, young son and I had plenty of room and cabinet space that we did not know what to do with. Loved that I could store my luggage in the closet the night before disembarkation. We never felt like we were on top of each other. We are likely to continue to book this size suite.

The balcony was terrific. The size was fantastic in that it had two chairs, two chaise loungers and a small table. We had a number of glasses of wine back there and enjoyed it very much. It felt private back there. Not TOO private - as noises can be transmitted from balcony to balcony and there is a camera aimed right at the aft balconies. Take that however you want. ;)

The not so good. Honestly, the superstructure did obstruct the view when seated. When standing, I felt that it was a distraction and was kind of bummed about it. Even though the views from the aft location were wonderful, you do have to look through the superstructure. However, when I heard other folks talking about their side balconies - they complianed that their balconies were solid. Having not seen this myself, I can't comment further but I'm sure people who have stayed in those cabins might be able to clarify.

Also, we did indeed smell a sewage smell ! The smell was outside only. NOT inside. It was worse at port and subsided while sailing. Overall, it decreased towards the middle and end of the cruise - but it was definitely present. It ranged from totally rank to the smell of overcooked brocolli - institution style. With that said, the smell did not interfere with our ability to enjoy our balcony.

Would I take the same cabin again? Loved the larger space. Loved the aft location. But I wouldn't take the same cabin on that particular deck on this class ship without checking out my other choices first.

Word of warning for deck 7 aft - wipe down anything you might lean on or sit on as soot does settle on furniture and handrails out there. We had to do this several times to avoid getting our clothes soiled.

Hope this helps.

Archived