Vancouver Hotel-Hampton Downtown

treinke

I can use my Hilton points and get a night at this hotel for free for the night before our cruise. My questions are:

1. Easiest way to get from airport to hotel. Can you use the skytrain or is a taxi ride?

2. Is it near a grocery store/liquor store?

3. What else is near there? I can see it next to the stadium but those things are so huge I don't know what else could be there.

4. Take a taxi to the cruise?

It's in a good location a little east of the 100% business core.

You certainly have the option of taking the Canada Line from the airport to either the Yaletown/Roundhouse station but the walk is slightly uphill and about 7 blocks....or to the Vancouver Centre station which is about a 6 block level walk. There is the option of taking the Canada Line to Waterfront Station, transferring to SkyTrain and taking it to Stadium Station...but after all that I would be inclined to walk the 6 blocks from Vancouver Centerer station. Failing that it is about a $35 cab fare from YVR to the hotel.

You are only a couple blocks from Costco if you are a member however there is an Urban Fare at 177 Davie St about 3 blocks away or an IGA Market Place in the 400 blk of Robson St. again about 3 blocks from the hotel. Our grocery stores don't sell alcoholic products; the closest BC Liquor Store would be 1108 Pacific, about 4 blocks from the hotel.

You are close to BC Place stadium which was the site of the opening and closing ceremonies for the 2010 Winter Olympics, the Rogers Arena which is the home of our NHL Vancouver Canucks, the Vancouver library, trendy Yaletown, and a host of restaurants.

The hotel has a free shuttle to the pier otherwise a cab would be $10 or you can SkyTrain it to Waterfront station which will put you about 2 blocks from Canada Place and the pier..

I can use my Hilton points and get a night at this hotel for free for the night before our cruise. My questions are:

1. Easiest way to get from airport to hotel. Can you use the skytrain or is a taxi ride?

2. Is it near a grocery store/liquor store?

3. What else is near there? I can see it next to the stadium but those things are so huge I don't know what else could be there.

4. Take a taxi to the cruise?

1. You can take Skytrain, it's about 5 blocks from "Yaletown /Roundhouse Station". Otherwise a taxi will be in the $35-40 range depending on traffic.
  2. Liquor Store, nearest is Jimmy's a few blocks up Robson on the same side of the street. Grocery, how much/what are you looking for. There's a 7-11 one block down Beatty, another 2 blocks up Robson, there's an IGA supermarket (someone upscale) Robson@Richards, and CostCo 3 blocks away (near Stadium Station)
  3. A fair bit of office, and downtown residential. If you get a room, get one facing away from the stadium due to the very bright and annoying display sign (at least they turn it off at night now), but the stadium is pretty brightly lit up at night.
  4. I think there's a free shuttle; a taxi would be $10 tops, it's about a 12 block walk, or 2 blocks to Stadium Skytrain (2.50/ea) which dumps you out ½ block from Canada Place. Follow the Canada Place exit signs, but there's only stairs/escalator, no elevator that way, but it puts you so close, whereas if you need an escalator it's a 3 block walk around.

Anything else I can help with, please ask; as I'm in that part of town quite frequently.

While it is not currently on their website, I have phoned the Hampton Inn in Vancouver and they have confirmed that during the cruise season they offer a free shuttle to and from Canada Place....oh, and as you likely know, they have a free breakfast as well, enjoy.:)

Thanks for the information. My husband will need to get his Coke Zero to take on the cruise because he can't live without it and Princess for some reason doesn't have it. That's really about the main thing I need from the grocery store.

Archived